Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Little Catchin Up To Do

So, you know all that stuff about writing a little bit every night. yah, blah, blah.

I've been so busy with the following that I haven't been here on the blogesphere too much. I apologize for writing everything in a list. I think it's my personality. Or my need for order. Or my lack of sentence structure skills. Or all of the above.

1. My house looks like it has been ramsacked by some sort of masked man. Everything is in an upheaval. And it's just not one room, it's multiple rooms. There is stuff here, there and yonder. Stacked in chairs, piled in corners - oh, the disarray. I can hardly stand it. We are undergoing just a very small extreme home makeover at my house. You know how you look around one day and say - we really should paint those doors, and that really needs a touch up and then before you know it, you've painted four rooms, have decided you need a new rug to go with the new paint color, rearranged the furniture, and then one thing calls for another and now your house is in a great big mess and you aren't sure how to stop it. Now, granted, I will have to say I am beginning to like how eveything is looking but I can't stop that little twitch until everything is back on walls, in drawers and on floors like it should be.

2. We have a wedding this weekend. Wedding weeks are crazy. There is so much to do that you aren't sure what to do first and you're praying like nobody's business that you don't forget this or that detail and that everything goes off without a hitch. When they get hitched. Oh my bad, bad joke.

3. E and I are on a major exercise plan. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings she arrives at our house at 6:30 for a 45 minute walk around our neighborhood. E's got this app on her phone that talks to us and tells us the time walked, the distance and mile rate. Well, we are just competitive enough that we can't stand for her to tell us anything negative. We really just want to yell at her and say "LISTEN HERE, GIRLFRIEND, WE ARE DOING THE BEST WE CAN AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WELL, YOU CAN JUST . . . " You get the picture.

4. And did you know that Sunday is Father's Day? And of course, we have to do something wonderful for the men in our life, do we not? So planning is underway for a get together Sunday night at our house. Thus one of the reasons everything has to be back in its appropriate place asap.

5. There is a dress sale at Belk. It's a good one. All dresses are 50% off, take an additional 30% off of that. And I had a 20% off coupon which could or could not apply to some. You know, that is always such a weird thing to me. Some items are not permissable for the coupon. I never do quite understand that so I just take my coupon and hope that they take pity on me and let me use it. (Lawd have a mercy, this is mindless stuff, isn't it?) But the bottom line is that I got 6 (yes I said 6) dresses for $125. Get this, two of them were $14. You know how the salesperson says how much you save when she hands you the receipt, she said, "Mrs. Wiley, you saved $536." I really wanted to record her saying that just in case I needed verification of my savings for my husband. He didn't even ask.

6. Well, Mary Kay Andrews could not have worse timing with the release of her new book, "Summer Rental." I am a huge Mary Kay fan and had pre-ordered her book several weeks ago and wouldn't you know, it came pretty as you please, delivered to my Kindle last Tuesday. Well, since I'm a little obsessive when there's a new book to read, I couldn't think about anything else hardly. Long story short, I've already finished it and it's great summer reading.

7. I've gotten in the habit of watching marathon sessions of "Say Yes to the Dress" every night before going to sleep. D is usually finishing up a Braves game and I have to have a break from that (have I mentioned that before). So I head to the bedroom, punch the buttons on the DVR and voila! - SYTTD appears! Last night, I had 59 episodes yet to watch. Now granted, some of them are repeats but there are new ones in the mix. Last night this little Dallas Cowboy cheerleader was a size 2 and fell in love with a size 10 sample dress and oh, at the drama that ensued when it was unsure if the dress could basically be cut in half. In case you can't stand the suspense, yes the Kleinfield's worked their magic and all was well with the world.

That's it for today. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment