Sunday, June 5, 2011

Yard Sale Weekend

By yesterday afternoon at 3:00, I was exhausted. Sweaty. Stinky. But it was well worth all of those things because (drum roll please) we made over $600 in our yard sale that will go to missions in Guatemala!!!

You have never seen all of the stuff that was stuffed into my garage on Friday night. I so wish I had taken a picture. You couldn't walk in there. Thank goodness the weather cooperated and most of it got moved to the driveway by sale time on Saturday morning. Keep in mind, this was four girls collection of cast-offs but let me just say, these were some seriously good cast offs. The funny thing - we were our own best customers. We each had our own pile of each other's stuff just inside the garage door of my house. We had so much stuff that we could hardly walk around it. I will share that I scored some new bar stools, two fabulous bunny prints (that I think will go great with the new colors I've picked for our living and dining rooms) and some great earrings. So, all in all, not too bad!

The best part was hanging out with these girlfriends for the day. And we just had the nicest people stop by and shop. It was a lot of work but well worth the effort! An added bonus was that I feel lighter with all my clutter cleared.

After I recuperated from the sale and D got home, we decided to go out for the evening. You are probably going to think we're crazy but we have found this great little Mexican restaurant over near Hammonds Crossing and 400 that we love! So much so that we make the drive over there on a fairly regular basis. We got there and much to our delight, they had live music. Just a young man and his guitar outside on the patio but it was beyond enjoyable. It was a perfectly relaxing ending to a very busy day.

Today has been relatively uneventful. Church this morning was awesome as usual. I have read a book and done some things around the house. I just finished Debbie Macomber's newest "A Turn in the Road." Very light and easy reading. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

A busy week will start off early in the morning with E arriving at my house at 6:30 for our morning walk/jog. She sure is a great accountability partner as well as an inspiration to me. Looks like D is throwing some steaks on the grill. I better go see if there is anything I can do! TTYL! (for you non-texters that's "Talk to you later")

No comments:

Post a Comment