Wednesday, July 2, 2014

As the DVR World Turns

I thought it might be fun for y'all to see what is on my DVR.  People ask me all the time what I watch and why.  Not sure why they ask me that but I seem to get that question a lot.  So, inquiring minds want to know so here we go.

I'm sitting in front of the TV writing this so I'm going right down in order of appearance on the DVR.  This may take awhile.  We have a long list.  However, keep in mind this is the middle of the summer and some of our regular shows aren't on the agenda.  I'll update when the new seasons starts. 

1.  The Bachelorette.  I know, please don't judge. While I usually don't watch it, I am more than intrigued by bachelorette, Andi and Josh Murray.  You know Josh - the twin but not really just brother - of our UGA Bulldawg Aaron Murray.  Seriously, they look just alike which yes, ladies, it means they are both as cute as all get out.  I have actually already watched Monday night's episode and know that Josh is one of the top 4 contenders for Andi's heart.  She will be going to Josh's hometown and meet his family.  Needless to say, I cannot wait for next week's episode.

2.  Sarah 101.  This is a HGTV show that I love.  It comes along about once every 2 months on HGTV and while they still play old episodes, I still keep watching.  Sarah Richardson just has the best design style which I guess that means it's the style that I like. ha! She's the bomb in the design world if you ask me.

3.  The Big Bang Theory.  Yes, still watching.  While D and I have probably seen every episode in the show's 7 seasons, they never get old.  Love this quirky show.

4.  Chrisley Knows Best.  Have a'mercy, this show cracks me up. Have you seen it?  It's a reality show following the Chrisley family of Atlanta on the USA network.  Oh, I can't even describe it.  It's like a train wreck, you just can't look away even if you wanted to.

5.  Castle.  Castle continues to be one of my favorite shows.  Rick and Kate just can't be beat.

6.  Duck Dynasty.  What can you say about the Duck Commander family?  Faith, family and ducks.  That's their motto.   A new season started a few weeks ago so this does offer a much welcome break from every other show's reruns.

7.   And then there is my list of cooking shows .. First, the Pioneer Woman.  Ree Drummond may be my favorite home chef/cooking blogger/cookbook author of all time.  I just love her, her family, the ranch she lives on, the tops and jewelry she wears ... everything about her.  She's a delight.

8.  Trisha's Southern Kitchen.  I'm also a huge fan of Trisha Yearwood and her brand of cooking.  She doesn't take herself too seriously.  I absolutely crack up, even though I've heard it tons of times, when she calls her husband, Garth Brooks, "Gartha Stewart."

9.  Southern at Heart.  This show is my new cooking show addiction.  Damaris Phillips is a winner of the food challenge show, Food Network Star and a trained chef who lives in Kentucky.  She has a fabulous sense of humor and she, too, wears the cutest clothes, aprons, and jewelry. I love when cute aprons are involved.  I think we could be best friends.  She is a breath of fresh air for the Food Channel.

10.  Shark Tank.  What can I say?  We are entrepreneurs at heart so this shows just speaks to us.

11.  Say Yes to the Dress.  I don't think any explanation is needed for obvious reasons.

12.  Something Borrowed, Something New.  In case you are unfamiliar, this "wedding dress" show takes a different turn and involves a wedding dress heirloom that a designer reworks to rival a brand spanking new dress.  Then the brides has to make the decision between the old-made-new dress or a brand new dress.  It's riveting.  (TLC on Friday Bride Night).

13.  Your Move with Andy Stanley.  I record all of Andy's sermons and watch them.  They are just that good.  I have been known to watch them twice.

That's pretty much it but I think that's enough.  Like I said, the list will change when the likes of Scandal, Dancing with the Stars and The Voice return for a new season.  Until then, happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment