Monday, July 7, 2014

July Goals!

So I read a lot of blogs.  I love blogs because it gives you a peek into somebody's life.  May be the reason you're reading ... maybe?  It's okay, I totally get it.  So one blogger that I love has started doing monthly goals.  I'm a goal-oriented person so this speaks right to my heart.  So I thought maybe I should make monthly goals as a way to hold myself accountable.  Sounds reasonable, right?  I'll be honest.  Some are going to be easy to keep and some, not so much.  I know enough from business school that goals need to be measurable and attainable.  I'm only going to do 5 or less per month and then we'll evaluate my success on the last day of the month.

Goal #1: Read 2 books this month.  Thought I would start off with one I could keep. ha!   I love to read!!   I'll be spending a few days vacationing this month so that means I'll be reading.  Even if I'm not vacationing, I'm reading.  So this one for me ... easy.  I might share what I'm reading here over the course of the month.

Goal #2:  Try a restaurant with Darrell that we've never been to before.  I think this will be fun!  I've already got a list started.

Goal #3:  Go on a picnic with Darrell.  You know, July should be the month of all months that we go on a picnic.  We're going to do it.

Goal #4: Start buying a few Christmas gifts.  I say this every year and by golly, this year I'm going to do some early shopping.  Because I told you I was.  See?  makes me accountable. 

Goal #5:   Because July is a laid back month for me by intention, I use it for planning and gearing up for the rest of the year.  So something I want to accomplish is to set up my recipe plan for Cooking with Crevolyn for the rest of the year.  I usually do this twice a year, creating weekly plans for ideas for recipes.   So now is the time. 

Okay, I'll be back at the end of the month to report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment