Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What I Love about July 2014

What  a better day to start blogging again than July 1st!  We are halfway through 2014 - can you believe it? The first half of 2014 has flown by with a flurry.  It seems that the older I get the faster time goes.

So before I tell you what I love about 2014, I've got to tell you how today started.  So, I usually get up and shower, do my makeup, roll my hair and then get dressed, all before I take the puppies out.  They are content to lay on the bed and watch me get ready in the bathroom.  This morning I get to this point in my "getting ready process" and then take the dogs out to potty.  As I'm walking around the front yard, waiting patiently for them to do their business, I fall in a little hole.  And twist my ankle.  Fall rear first in the wet grass.  As I regain my senses, I realize that my hair rollers have gone flying across the front yard upon impact.  The dogs sense that I might be hurt (thankfully, I'm not) so they are on top of me ... howling.  Not just quietly, bless them, but howling loudly.  It's really sweet when I think about it but at the time all I could think about is how could anything else draw more attention to me that two dogs pushing me to the wet ground, on top of me, howling on the top of their lungs.  Oh my word.  Swallowing any pride I have left, I assure them that I'm okay, hoping they will hush.  They haven't had a chance to potty yet so I have to stay out there and wait, quietly praying that no one drives by or looks out their window.    It's not like I can make a run to the house at this point.  All of this to say, it was quite the sight.  I had to go in and change clothes and redo my hair but on the bright side, I am not injured, not physically any way.

Okay, on to the happenings of July, 2014.
Note:   July is a slower month for me on purpose.  The wedding business side of my life is crazy during the spring and fall.  I usually try to take a little break in July because I know what the fall looks like.  And this year is no exception.  However, the Cooking with Crevolyn side of my life continues on ... cooking, blogging and writing for the newspaper.   But the month of July is a good time for me to use some extra time for planning ahead for both jobs and for life in general.  Therefore, I love July.  So this list is going to short because as far as major events, we don't have many scheduled.  We like the lazy days of summer around here. 
1.  On Thursday, D and I along with his mom will head down to Atlanta to spend the night so D can be close to the action for the Peachtree Road Race.  E and N will come down to join the running fun.  I will be content to cheer them on.  After the race we will head north to Tennessee for a visit with D's sister and her family for the weekend.   So the 4th will be spent running, riding and hopefully reveling in some fireworks fun somewhere along the way. 
2.  We'll barely get our bags unpacked before we repack for our annual trip to the Georgia Food Industry's convention, this year held at The Plantation at Amelia Island.  This is honestly one of my favorite things we do all year.  While it's a working trip for D and E, I have a great time visiting with friends, sitting by the pool, eating in great restaurants, shopping, and relaxing.  I know, I feel kinda bad. A little bit.  :)
3.  Later in the month, I'm going to take my Momma on a little road trip.  We'll be gone 3 or 4 days to a location that is yet to be determined.  She did, however, remind me that she has a bathing suit and cover up that fit and that she's not afraid to wear it.  Is that not hilarious?  I think we'll definitely go somewhere she can sport that suit and cover-up!

And that, my friends, is about it for major things in July.  See what I mean? I just love it.  Just normal everyday work things with some fun thrown in along the way. 

Now, I'm off to get groceries for some upcoming recipes and to nurse my wounded ego.

Happy July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment