Wednesday, July 9, 2014

On the Road Again ... to Amelia Island

I'm scheduling this blog post ahead of time because this is our travel day to Amelia for the Georgia Food Industry Association Convention.   Like I've said before this is a big working trip for D and E so this will prove to be a jam packed 4 days for them.  JandJ will participate in the Best Bagging Contest on Thursday night so that is always fun.  Maybe we'll come away the winner for the state of Georgia!   The Best Bagger Contest is combined with a fabulous silent auction.   I can't wait to show you what the store's contribution was to this auction.  It's awesome.   This is the first time we have gone to The Plantation since it was purchased by the Omni Hotel Groups and has been renovated.  I'll be giving updates over the next few days.

On a totally unrelated note, when I got home late Sunday night from Atlanta, a box was waiting for me.  I had ordered these books a several days ago and was so excited to see them on my doorstep.  I LOVE beautiful books and these two did not disappoint.  I've just looked quickly but have them packed in my suitcase already preparing for my leisure time at the beach.   Just in case you are needing some inspiration, need a new coffee table book or are like me and just love spending time with books like these, you'll want to check them out.    They are scrumptious. 


Something that you may not know about me is that I'm somewhat of a book hoarder. Oh really, you didn't know?   If I see a book that piques my interest, I go ahead and buy it for when I might get around to reading it.  I have a stockpile ready at any time.  So when a trip comes along I go to my bookcase and pull out what sounds good.   These are the ones I'm taking with me. I know there probably couldn't be three more different books but my reading tastes are kinda eclectic.    Let's see, we've got "Bossy Pants" by Tina Fey;  "On Folly Beach" by Karen White;  and "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak.   Also, I wanted to show you the devotion book that I'm loving by Beth Moore, "Whispers of Hope, 40 Weeks of Devotional Prayer."   I mean I'm really loving it.  I might do another post just about this book.  It's that good.






No comments:

Post a Comment