Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Day in the Life

It has been a very loonngg time since I've done a Day in the Life post so here goes:

1.  Outside my window ...it is sunny and 70 degrees.  Granted it's 8:00 in the morning but still it is August 5th and things could be much different.  The heat and humidity have been bearable this summer and for that this girl is thankful.   I've already been to walk 2 1/2 miles this morning.  Forcing myself out of bed at 6:00 everyday to meet some friends to walk at 6:30 has proven to be both a challenge (I hate to get up early) and a great boost for both my mind and body. 

2.  I am watching ... Junk Gypsies and Flip or Flop.  I record both of these on the DVR and then watch in marathon fashion.   The Junk Gypsies are just the bomb.  If you aren't familiar, they are two sisters, Amie and Jolie from Round Top, Texas who several years ago started turning junk into treasure, mostly home decor items.  They quickly added t-shirts, jewelry, boots, hats, etc.  They even have a line with Pottery Barn now.  Their tv show (on the Great American Country channel) follows their lives whether they are designing an airstream for Dierks Bentley, a t-shirt for Sadie Robertson or the line for Pottery Barn.  These girls are creative and smart and to me, their story is just the epitome of the American Dream.  They started with some  junk and their parents' support and with a lot of hard work, have turned it into an extremely successful business. 
Then, there is Flip or Flip on HGTV.  It follows Tarek and Christina and their ventures through the real estate world of flipping foreclosures.  Believe me, they do trash to treasure transformations as well.  It's just amazing how they breath new life into houses you think might just be better bull-dozed. 

3.  I am reading ... "Let's all be Brave" by Annie Downs.  This is a great book about doing things that require courage.  Doing the next brave thing.   I think God must be speaking to me about this.   It seems to be a recurring theme through books and His Word. 

4.  I am listening to ... actually not much.  I take listening to music in seasons.  Sometimes, I listen to music all the time and then, I'll have times when I like silence.  Right now, I like silence.  

5.  I am wearing ...to be honest, at this moment I'm still wearing my exercise clothes.  Black knit capris and a Southern Anchor shirt.  If you don't know about Southern Anchor, you should.  This very cool company was started by a 16 year old from Gainesville, Sam Simpson.  In a very short time, Southern Anchor has had great success.  Again, a great example of what hard work, intelligence and a great idea/product will get you. 

6.  I am thinking ... about my good friends who lost their son.  I honestly cannot get them off of my mind and heart.  Praying without ceasing for this precious family. 

7.  I am working on ...a lot.  Birthday celebrations, weddings, speaking engagements, newspaper articles, a cooking party menu.  There are a bunch of great things going on from now until December.  I'm trying to not be overwhelmed but to prepare effectively for all of these projects. 

8.  I am cooking ... recipes for fall for the CwC blog, which is hands down my favorite time to cook.    I'm working on soups, stews, pumpkin recipes, and apple recipes.  Yum! 

9.  I am on the hunt for ..  a new light fixture to go over my island in my kitchen.  I would like a lantern-type fixture to replace the pot-rack type fixture that is there now.  I can't find just the right one for this spot. 

10. I am looking forward to ... when I can take off my bra tonight and put my gown on.  Just keepin' it real.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment