Monday, August 4, 2014

Goals, I Have Them

So you know last month, I thought it might be fun to set a few goals because that's my personality and I'm a planner and... it is a goal of mine to set monthly goals.   So now it's time to re-evaluate those goals and set some new ones for August.

First things first, evaluate the July Goals:
1.  Read 2 books.  I told y'all this would be an easy one.  I actually read 5 books (I'm an over-achiever in this category).  I read:  "On Folly Beach" by Karen White;  "Bridge to Haven" by Francine Rivers; 3.  "The House on Mermaid Point" by Wendy Wax; 4. "One Lavender Ribbon" by Heather Burch and 5.  "Rhinestone Jesus" by Kristen Welch.  All very, very different books.  All very good.  I especially loved "Rhinestone Jesus."  It will challenge, inspire and cause you to evaluate your God-sized dreams. 
2.  Try a restaurant we've never tried before.  I told y'all by the 4th we had already checked this one off when we ate at Six Feet Under in Atlanta.  We will go back.  It was awesome.
3.  Go on a picnic with D.  Well, sorta.  We ate a tomato sandwich on the tailgate of his truck at the farm.  Does this count?  I say yes.  It's not really the romantic expectation I had in my head but sometimes your expectation doesn't line up with your reality and because of that we might tend to be disappointed.  I'm not.  D and I ate food outside together.   That's a picnic if you ask me.
4.  Buy a few Christmas gifts.  Fail.  I didn't do it.  Next month.
5.  Create my recipe plan for Cooking with Crevolyn for the rest of the year.  Done!  Bam!

So onto August Goals.
1.  Read 2 Books.  Is it a goal if you know you'll most likely accomplish it?  I'm not going to overthink it and just do it. 
2.  Set aside a day for rest and prayer.  I have a date on the calendar for this.
3.  Complete the update of our Wonderful Events website.  This has been a work in progress.  I'm hoping to have it all completed by the end of this month.
4.  Buy a few Christmas gifts.  I'm not giving up on this one. 
5.  Blog more.  I have to be intentional about this for sure.  Even if it's just a little bit I think it is important for my mental health to have this outlet.  I just have to take this time for myself.  You know they say that goals have to measurable so I'll aim for 5 of 7 days of the week for August.  So far so good!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment