Saturday, August 2, 2014

What I Love about August 2014

First of All ... don't y'all love my new blog template?!  I've been trying to change it for forever (I mean, we all do love Christmas but keeping it on the blog year round got a little old) but just couldn't figure out how to get it to work.  So I called in my technical team (yes, E) and she fixed on the first try!  Of course she did.  Anyway, many thanks to my IT-E Department for this new look!

Okay, ya'll, it's August.  So that means we need to check in to see what's on the agenda this month.

1.  Yesterday, was the 1st and it started off in a fabulous fashion.   I spent the morning with my sweet Momma and then had lunch with one of my favorite friends of.all.time, JH.  I know she is one of about 5 of my regular readers of this blog so shout out to my girl!  We had a wonderful lunch at Mellow Mushroom (public service announcement: their bruschetta, spinach artichoke dip and Caesar salad are my new favorite food) and then headed to an undisclosed location for a little planning.  In the one in a million chance that this blog might catch the eye of the right person, I'll share details of this top secret mission later in the month.  Stay tuned for tons of fun with this.

2.  The 10th of August will mark the Birthday of the Best Momma in the World. Yes, Jeannie will be 89!  Wow!  Can't wait to celebrate her.   She's the best.  She and I took a road trip to St. Simons last week and just had the best time.  Because everybody's doing it, here's our selfie: ha!




3.  We are looking forward to a wonderful wedding day for a sweet bride of ours on the 16th.  A bride getting married in our home church is always a thrill for us and we are so looking forward to all this Wedding Weekend has in store.  It's going to be crazy fun!

4.  On the 18th I have set aside a day of rest and prayer.  I'll probably need it after that Big Wedding on the 16th!  I'll head to the farm to just take a break from the world and listen. 

5.  Then on the 23rd, D and I will take his momma on a little beach trip to Siesta Key, one of our favorite beaches.  The sand is like sugar.  It's a beautiful thing. 

6.  But not to worry, because we will be back in plenty of time for the First Day of Georgia Football on August 30th!!  After all, we've been waiting nine months for this.  Yes, it will probably be 150 degrees in Athens Georgia on this date but we don't care.  I am already working on my tailgate menu and will be fully prepared for all the fun when this day comes.  We can hardly wait!  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!!

7.  I know this is August and I'm supposed to be looking forward but I've got to go back one day and tell you about my Thusday, July 31st.  Because this day will go down in history as one of my favorite days .... ever.   Two of my best girlfriends and I headed down to the Mart in Atlanta.  Otherwise known as the Shopping Capital of the World, City within Itself and pretty much, a Happy Place like no Other.  You get the picture.  We had the best time.  We loaded up on clothes, purses and the biggest pile of jewelry bling you've ever seen in your life.  We really didn't want this dream day to end so we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory on the way home because after all it was National Cheesecake Day and all of their slices were 1/2 price.  Well, duh and of course.  We ate off of the Skinnylicious menu because that's what you would do if you know you are going to top off this meal with a slice of heaven in the form of S'mores Cheesecake.  See what I mean.  I have no more words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment