Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Have I Mentioned How Much I Love Fall and My Camera Roll

Oh y'all ... I can't wait for it to be fall.  Granted, this summer has not been the hot-sweaty-humid-think-I'm-gonna-die kind of summer but still.  Is fall not the best?  So we're off to a great start with football and all (go Dawgs) but bring on the pumpkins, fall festivals, cool temps and of course, the food.  I can hardly wait to start baking with apples and sweet potatoes.  Of course, I know we can do that most anytime but it does just call for it in the fall.  Just as a little teaser, I'm making Slow-Cooker Applesauce for supper tomorrow night.  I just couldn't wait.  If you've never made it, it is super easy.  Just put 10-12 peeled, cored, diced apples in your slow cooker with about 1/2 cup water, 1/2 brown sugar and a shake or two of cinnamon.  And that's it!  Let it cook for about 7-8 hours on low and you'll be glad you did.  Your house will smell amazing and the end result is fabulous.  Try it - you'll love it! 

So... what's new with you?  I've spent most of the morning over on the Cooking with Crevolyn blog writing posts for the week.  Today I wrote about Saturday's tailgate and a post for Thursday about the Pound Cake Challenge.  I'm loving doing this cooking blog now that I've finally figured out how to do all of the features like post pictures, schedule posts, etc. The internet thing ... it might catch on.

So since I have figured out how to post photos, let's take a stroll through my camera roll.  These photos are in such random order but here goes.

So this is Kirkley, she's our older Cavalier.  Kirkley and Sadie are both foster dogs which is a great program with a local breeder.  Someday when I have lots of time, I'll tell you about it.  Anyway, we are crazy about our two little girls.  This photo was taken yesterday when I picked Kirkley up from the breeder where she had been on a little "vacation."  Let's just say that in about 2 months I'll take her back to the breeder for her to bring forth a litter of little Cavaliers.  Awww....

 This was last night.  They were glad to be back together. 

Last Saturday we tailgated in Athens with these three.  It was so much fun!

So remember I told you that we went to see The Jesters at Chateau Elan last Sunday.  We danced until our feet about fell off.  We could not have enjoyed these fine musicians more.


This is currently my favorite cookbook.  It came out last year.  It has great recipes for tailgating but in case you're not into that, it has great recipes period. 


The Atlanta Falcons came to City Park a few weeks back and we decided to walk down the hill and take in all the fun.  It was great!  Before the game started, four sky-divers landed in the middle of the field.  It's not everyday you see that.   Aren't these two just the cutest?

And here's the rest of the crew that night. 

Back on August 3rd, Kenny and Zac came to the Dome.  It was an amazing concert. 

This is where we went after the concert.  It's a tradition. 

Oh and this is the picture I texted my family on August 16th.  The day Elvis died.  Moment of silence please. 

Look who sits with me in the morning while I have breakfast and read the paper. 

Well, hey ... how about me and Joe Nichols?  We went to the Poultry Federation's Night of Knights which was a big old hoop-de-doo at the Cobb Galleria.  Joe was the featured performer for the evening.  After the concert, we went to an after party and lo and behold, look who showed up and signed autographs?  Side note:  my word at the cute.


Not sure you know Joe?  Check this out.


Me and D at the after party. 

This was before the boys walked out the door to go to the Clemson game.  Side note: my word at the cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment