Monday, September 23, 2013

The Weekend it was a Good One

Saturday it rained.  And then it rained some more.  I ran to the grocery store first thing because I had some cooking I wanted to do and after that, I didn't go anywhere the rest of the day.  The Bulldawgs played around noon so that took up the better part of the afternoon.  We continued the theme by watching Alabama play and then LSU well into the night.  It was great day for watching football and the rain. 

But then came Sunday. and oh, the beauty.  Weather perfection actually.  D and I rarely do this but we played hooky from church and went on a little road trip to the mountains.  We loaded up the girls, packed a picnic lunch and went in search of the perfect spot to enjoy the beautiful day.  And we found it - Tallulah Falls.  It is just a short distance from Gainesville actually but we had not be up there in years.  It was gorgeous.  We found a picnic table near the water on the opposite side of the bridge from the falls. 

The girls enjoying the picnic spot.



I realize the trash can looks the focal point of this photo but trust me, it wasn't. 


This is on the other side of the picnic area.   Look at Sadie.  She's a poser. 



After our little stop for lunch, we decided to drive on up to Highlands.  And oh, what a treat that always is.  There are some great stores in this beautiful little town and the photos below were taken at one of my favorites, The Dutchman.  This is pure eye candy.  I didn't buy a thing here, can you believe it?  But don't get the wrong idea, mind you.  I came home with some pretty things.  You always do when you go to Highlands. 



We rolled back into town about supper time and decided since we had the dogs we would go to our favorite dog-friendly spot, Skogeys.    They are so great.  They brought out water bowls and treats.  The girls thought that this was a restaurant just for them.  We didn't tell them any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment