Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's Premier Week!

So I've told you how much I love this time for year for several days but haven't mentioned yet another reason for my love of September. The new Television Season!  It's Season Premier week and I for one, could not be happier about it.  Here are the ones I've been waiting for ....

1.  Last night's Castle.  D and I didn't discover Castle until the second season which prompted us to quickly go back and watch the first one. We've never looked back. We're into their 6th season now.   I thought the season opener was fabulous for several reasons:
a.  She said Yes! The last moments of  last season's cliffhanger left Kate and Castle in the park with a marriage proposal in the air.  I would have loved to see them tell Martha and Alexis the news but lo, that didn't happen.
b.  While set for the time being in D.C., the cast of supporting characters is new.  I liked it.  Of course, I miss Ryan, Esposito and Lanie but I have a feeling we'll get back to NYC eventually.
c.  Alexis has a new boyfriend from Costa Rico named Pi.  While I'm not crazy about his character, I love the interaction that Castle has with any of Alexis' boyfriends. 
d.  Apparently, Castle is going to die in 24 hours.  I doubt it.   He is the star of the show.   This is a To Be Continued so we really won't know until next Monday night.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

2.  Nashville: I can hardly wait for this season premier Wednesday night.  This is Season 2 of this fabulous show.   Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere are spot on as friends/enemies in this show set in the midst of the Country Music Capital.  I love the music, the guest appearances by country music legends (especially Vince Gill) and Deacon (he's my favorite).  The season ender left Rayna and Deacon in a very serious car crash.  I can't wait to see what happens.

3.  Big Bang Theory:  This continues to be one of the best written shows on television.  This ensemble cast led by Sheldon (Jim Parsons) is super talented and funny.  It amazes me when writers can continue to write scripts that are laugh-out-loud funny.  Season premier is Thursday.

4.  Modern Family:  Again, another awesome ensemble cast with great writers.  It's no wonder they continue to win Emmy awards for this show. 

5.  Scandal:  We've got to wait until next Thursday (October 3rd) to see what the Gladiators are up to.  This show is intense but totally worth it.  It takes D and I about an hour and half to watch this show because we have to keep replaying to understand what is going on.  There is no getting up for a snack during this one.  You have to stay focused.  Makes me wonder though, is this what our political system is really like?

6.  Dancing with the Stars:  Yes, I know, last week was the Season Premier but I just watched it on the DVR over the weekend so I got a late start.   It's a little different this year.  The show is only on Monday night (no results show on Tuesday) so everything happens on one night.  They dance and then one goes home.  Did it surprise anyone else that Keyshawn Johnson was the first to go home?  I thought he was good.  No offense to Bill Nye (after all, I love him as the Science Guy) but he can't dance.  He stayed, America?  Really?  It's a strange world we live in.

7.  Duck Dynasty:  Again, the new season has been on for about a month now but it never disappoints as good, ole wholesome entertainment.  I love those bearded boys.  Reality tv at its very best. 

8.  Revenge:  Oh, Revenge, how we have a love/hate relationship.  First season? Amazing.  We saw Emily Thorne as a focused daughter determined on avenging her father's imprisonment and ultimate death.  Second season?  Iffy at best.  The show seemed to lose its direction.  I couldn't decide if I really wanted to be a part of it or not.  I'm not willing to give up yet, though.  I'll give you one more try, Revenge, don't let me down.

9.  The Middle:  Okay, to be honest, I really didn't like this show at first.  However, D loved it.  He recorded on the DVR so I sat patiently while he watched it.  Gradually, I warmed to this show like no other.  It is the quirkiest, most unusual show you'll ever watch.  I've always been a Patricia Heaton fan so I guess it's no surprise I finally came around. 

10.  Shark Tank:  This is the best show.  I guess since I live with an entrepreneur who has started and owns several companies, we think this show is inspiring and fascinating.   It will renew your faith in the American dream.  You'll see men and women have amazing ideas and then become immensely successful (all with the support of the sharks, of course).  You'll see some things that are utterly ridiculous.  It's great television.

And that my friends is a look at my favorites.  The jury is still out on which new shows I'll like this season.  I'll keep you posted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment