Monday, September 2, 2013

It's September 2013


Y’all, you may be wondering why I don’t post on this blog much anymore.  Well, what just happened is why.  I’ve been writing a post for over an hour and it’s gone! Poof!  It is so frustrating and it’s not the first time this has happened.  I’m guessing I could go to another blog whatever but then there’s that the whole learning curve thing.  It’s a dilemma.    But I won’t let this ole internet get me so I’m going to persevere and write it again.    Here goes…


September 2013 – What’s not to love?

1.        Last night D and I went down to Chateau Elan to see The Jesters perform.  Word is that was their last performance and if so, they went out in style.  We danced until midnight, were exhausted when we got home but honestly, I don’t know when we’ve had more fun!  Thank you, Jesters for many wonderful years of good music. 

2.       September officially marks the first full month of college football! Can I get an amen?  This is something our family might have looked forward to for, oh maybe, eight months.  G and D made their way to Death Valley at Clemson University early Saturday morning and returned early Sunday morning.  While they didn’t bring home a win, they did bring home some good memories.  They laughed, they cheered, they ate, they made friends with folks with big screens, they walked many miles, and they had a great time together.  It’s really just a game but those memories, well, they will last forever.

3.       Today is Labor Day and while some get a respite from their labors, that just doesn’t happen in the Wiley family.  But that’s okay.  We’ve learned to take days off and vacations when others don’t.  It’s just the nature of the grocery store beast.  We might go see some fireworks tonight because our regularly scheduled fireworks on July 4th were cancelled because of the summer-2013-that-never-really-was-summer-because-it-rained-all-the-time.  This ole girl’s not complaining though.  I have my own personal summer, if you know what I’m saying and that is enough for one person.  Whew.

4.       September holds a beautiful wedding for Wonderful Events.  This couple is getting married the middle of the month at Smithgall Woods.  This could not be a more beautiful, natural spot to tie the knot.  We are so looking forward to it.

5.       The Birthday Girls will get back together at my house this month.  It’s been a long dry spell as far as us getting together so I'm really excited about this.  I've missed them!  I’m so looking forward to night of constant chatter and laughter!

6.       Cooking with Crevolyn is poised to make a big announcement this month.  One that E and I have been working on diligently for a while.  I am super excited about this!  So the fall will be full of fun things! 

7.       My sweet husband has a birthday the end of the month and we’ll be celebrating in Chattanooga!  We’ll take a long weekend to celebrate him and attend the wedding of some of our precious friends’ son and his beautiful fiancée.  We are so looking forward to staying at the ChooChoo and enjoying all the city has to offer.


Well, I think I’ll just end on seven.  That seems like the perfect number.  J  There are lots of things happening this month and hopefully, I’ll jump back on here to update.  In the meantime, happy September and Go Dawgs!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment