Saturday, September 21, 2013

Golf and Shopping

Well, I have been just useless since my brush with Paula on Wednesday.  I've told anyone who would listen and just about drove my own self crazy with my pure giddiness about the whole situation.  I just can't help but think about how we got to this point.  The ride with God is a wild one I tell you.  I'm just so very thankful for all He has provided in my life. 

But Wednesday afternoon, after I got my wits about myself, D and I got in the car to head down to Peachtree City.  The Georgia Food Industry Association's golf tournament was Thursday and D was playing.  So what was I going to do?   My assignment was to "greet."  In other words, that meant they had the perfect job for me.  I was to talk to everyone.  I'll just tell you something about this group, it's a pretty tight one.  These folks all work in the same world and are like family.  We've seen each other's families grow up, been a part of major life events and share a lot of common bonds.  So for me to get to talk to these folks, well, yes, I think I will. I'd love to.    The reason that we went down the night before is because we had to be at the golf course at 6:45 A.M. It was still dark when we got there.  The tournament started at 9:00 but we were there to help so that required an early call.  A very early call.  But once you're up, you're up; just grab some coffee and go with it. 

Anyway, someone looked all bright and ready to roll.  It was a beautiful day for such!



Friday morning I had to work but around lunch time I went to get Mother for a little shopping trip to the Lakewood 400 Antiques Market in Cumming.  We had so much fun.  D's birthday is next Friday so I was on the search for a great gift and I found it!  Check this out.  It is a cooler built into this custom built cabinet.  It's so cool and perfect for our deck.   I went ahead and gave it to him and he loved it! 


Mother always finds something she likes.  It is no surprise it was a pocketbook. 


We had plans to go to some friend's home for dinner on Friday night.  They are dog lovers just like us and were kind to include our furry girls in our dinner invitation.  So here are the girls ready to go!  We all four had a great time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment