Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Been a Week!

So sorry I haven’t been in touch lately but it has been a whirlwind of activity in my little world lately. I’ve hardly had time to sit down much less write about it. I literally have about five big projects going, three different studies, and a host of responsibilities that it seems only I can accomplish. Such is the life of a woman! Let’s hit the highpoints since the last time we talked.

· The Monday night girls and I had a great time together this past Monday. This night found us discussing the very serious subject of loving our husbands well, what it means to be a godly wife, respecting our men and the art of submission to God first and then our husbands. This was a great time of authentic and transparent sharing of our triumphs and struggles. Call it sheer relief, but we about laughed ourselves silly. I really don’t know what came over us except maybe it was the realization that we aren’t rowing alone in the marriage boat. Somehow knowing we’re all piled in there together brought us great joy!
· I am in the process of a fun decorating project for a client right now. This is a start-from-scratch, blank slate of a room. I’ve just started collecting fabrics and paint chips, making furniture choices and brainstorming rug, art and accessories needs. Put me in a furniture or fabric store and I might never come out. I am continually amazed at the creativity of folks that devote their lives to creating beautiful things, whether it be fabric, furniture, art, jewelry, clothing, whatever. Our God is a God of creativity to be sure. Think about all of the amazingly beautiful things He created. I am so thankful that the Creator allows us to share just a little glimpse of that.
· I was at the Mart all day yesterday with a friend on a buying trip for the hospital gift shop. Whoowee –a day at the mart is a day of mixed feelings. First, the nagging feeling that we aren’t spending our own money. This is money that is filtered through to go to the betterment of the hospital system. We must spend responsibly. Second, the overwhelming feeling from the vast amount of product choices available. We must make wise choices. And the exhausted feeling of hitting the high points of three, 18 floor buildings. We must wear our comfortable shoes. I, however, did find it necessary to make a personal stop at the jam-packed costume jewelry store. Now, I find this store fascinating. . My friend, however, gets the jitters at the overwhelmingness (that’s not really a word but it works for me here) of it all. But it is totally worth it when I came out with a multi-strand pearl necklace and bracelet, a brown necklace and two pair of earrings for $40. $40 for heaven’s sake. Totally worth it.
· After that long day, I treated myself to heart-to-heart talks with two fabulous friends. Both of these women are truly spirit lifters which I needed because the body was weak, believe me. Many thanks to both of them for listening to my words and my heart. They are prayer warriors of the serious kind and I’m just thankful they allow me to walk this journey with them.
· On top of everything else yesterday, my battery died on my car. Died . . . dead . . . at the Circle M while I was making a half sugar-free-french-vanilla-cappuccino-half-hot-chocolate stop. My poor husband had to come over and jump the car off while everyone in the parking lot getting gas and in the store getting who-knows-what, looked on. This nice young man, bless his heart, must have thought he was doing his good deed for the elderly as he came over to assist D with the procedure. I couldn’t help but smile as I was standing there as the center of attention sipping my above mentioned concoction. Oh the joy brought from life’s little annoyances.
· This morning I was deep into the book of Esther with a dozen ladies and Beth Moore. The session was on time and timing. And don’t you know I needed to hear that. While I could go on and on about that – I don’t have . . . time.

My husband has a rare afternoon off and of all things, has a wild hair, and is out there in the garage cleaning. I better go since I am, after all, his helpmate, the Bible tells me so. I’ve always thought that really sounds like something to do with a chess game (no disrespect to God’s Word intended). D may get carried away and starting throwing away my yard sale treasures. I better go check . . . mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment