Thursday, October 1, 2009

What I Love about October!

Today is October 1st! I’m going to try and do a post at the beginning of each month about what I love about that particular month. I’m kinda liking the whole Top 10 thing so here we go.

My Top Ten about October 2009
1. I gave birth to my male child 20 years ago this month. He’s coming home for his birthday!
2. We can ride in the convertible with the top down without the air conditioner! I’m not sure why anyone with a Georgia driver’s license would buy a convertible with black interior. Does he not know how stinkin hot it gets in Georgia when you have no protection from the sun? But come October, not too hot and not too cool. We have absolutely more fun than any two empty nesters should have!
3. We can take the above mentioned convertible for a drive up in the mountains. The cool air, the leaves brilliant with color, the stop at the apple barn for an apple cider slushie – it’s the perfect day!
4. It’s Family Weekend at Georgia Southern the middle of the month! And our boy actually wants us to come. Maybe we aren’t as embarrassing as we used to be.
5. We have to stay in Savannah during the Family Weekend. D had to really twist my arm and plead and beg . . . but I gave in and said, yes, of course, we can stay in Savannah . . . instead of Statesboro. :)
6. I get to go with two of my very bestest girlfriends and my girl for a day of shopping at the Mart. It’s the annual Cash and Carry. I personally call it the “Shop and be Happy!
7. I am going on a mystery trip with my man . . . it’s a surprise . . . for five whole days. Ooh, I can hardly wait.
8. I am planning a couple of surprises myself. More about that to come.
9. We have tickets to the Holly Theater this month for “Plaza Suite.” If you’ve never been, you should go. It’s a delightful way to spend a night out!
10. Georgia plays Florida. That’s all I’m going to say about that.

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment