Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Love is in the Air

Please tell me y’all remember that 1977 disco song by John Paul Young. “Love is the air . . . everywhere where I look around . . . love is in the air . . . every sight and every sound.” Sound familiar? Yes, I did my fair share of dancing around the disco ball in my day, mostly to songs I really don’t care if I ever hear again. But this one I actually really like. I’ve been humming it all day. Maybe because it doesn’t have anything to do with being a brick house, igniting a disco inferno or going to the Copacabana where music and passion were always the fashion. Wow – sorry, how did I get off on that?

Love is in the air. In the past 24 hours, I have had the pleasure of sitting down and planning with two brides who are marrying within the next two months. Somehow, I just can’t help getting caught up in all the excitement of planning such a wonderful day. It just energizes me! Both of these couples are so special. Both are maybe, you might say, a little older than the average marrying age. Now I really didn’t know what the average marrying age is so I went to the trusty Wikipedia, where all random facts are found. It says the average marrying age in the United States is 27.7 for men and 25.6 for women. Interestingly enough, the oldest average marrying age is in Greece – 35.3 for men and 29.2 for women. Isn’t that fascinating? Don’t you wonder why that is? I bet I know - in Greece, they have that Grecian Hair Formula so nobody really knows how old they are because all of their gray is covered up!!

Obviously, I really cannot stay on topic today. I think I’ve had too much tea from Chick-fil-a.

I’m just going to take my random thoughts and go. I’m off to meet my accountability and prayer buddy. Surely, she can keep me on track. She certainly has her work cut out for her tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment