Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Scripture Memory

A few weeks ago I gave my Monday night study group this challenge – to memorize a verse or passage of Scripture before we complete our 9-week study, which should be around the end of November. Really, this is as much a personal challenge as it is a group one. I need to memorize Scripture - that is all there is to it. I need to know it and speak it. So I am calling you all to be my accountability partners as well. I will be back to you by the end of November typing these verses from memory.

“Therefore, I urge you, brothers (sisters), in view of God’s mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:1-2.

To my Monday night ladies – we can do this!
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment