Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Back in the fall, I had the honor of hosting a fabulous group of women in my home for breakfast. These women amaze me. Each one of them, along with a valiant group of others, serves tirelessly to save babies. They are truly Jesus’ hands and feet at our local crisis pregnancy center, The Gainesville Care Center. They serve day in and day out with girls and guys who are facing life-changing decisions with one goal in mind - to save and change lives. They counsel, they inform, they listen and most of all, they share the love of Christ with every girl in crisis who walks through their door. These ladies are my heroes!

This organization receives no tax dollars. They rely solely on donations from individuals, businesses, corporations and churches. And they don’t charge a single penny for their services – services that include pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, and options education. God provides month after month for this organization to continue to do His work. Outside the walls of this organization, the Executive Director speaks directly to the health education classes in our local school systems to educate high schools students about abstinence, choices and consequences of those choices.

According to the most recent data available, in 2005 there were 1.2 million legal abortions performed in the United States. That is about 3,288 abortions per day in our country. While these statistics can be overwhelming to some, they aren’t to these ladies. They take time for each girl, meet them where they are and speak truth to them.





So my ever so small way of showing the love to these ladies was to treat them for breakfast. Hence the Breakfast at Tiffany’s theme. So I glammed up the table with Tiffany blue napkins, black tablecloth, black and white dishes, faux diamonds and pearls, silver, crystal, and white roses as well as created a buffet of breakfast goodies. Each of them had a little favor box tied with a Tiffany blue ribbon at their place setting. While I would have loved to have given each of them the wonderful bauble from Tiffany’s they deserved, they had to settle for chocolate kisses. But their rewards will be much greater someday than exquisite jewelry. Much greater.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Psalm 139:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment