Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's a Decorating Remix!

Well, dear friends, it's Tuesday night and I'm sitting here with my feet up on the ottoman after a l. o. n. g. day at the Mart. It was productive and many wonderful, beautiful things were ordered for the gift shop. And my good friend, who as you remember is totally jittery at the thoughts of the costume jewelry mega-super-store, stepped right up to the challenge today and went in and gave her valued opinion on what she thought I should buy. You know, I actually do understand her point because this place is way over the top. But at any rate, I was thrilled because she usually sits outside and waits patiently for me to sift through the 1.1 million necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings they have in this store. Yes, all in all, it was a success. And, by the way, we also went into the extra-cute clothing store we love to frequent and came out with the same thing - both bought the same exact vest. Because it was cute. And because it cost us precisely $19.75. No one will ever accuse us of not being expert bargain shoppers, I tell you.

Now, I guess you wish I would get to the point of this post. There really isn't much of one other than to show you what two ugly wing back chairs, a bolt of beautiful fabric and a great upholster will get you. Thought you might enjoy a little before and after pics of my new dining room chairs. Our dining room suite is an antique set inherited from D's parents. But you know me, I thought this room could use an extra punch. Because that's what I do - punch stuff up. And besides, I think I have a chair addiction. I seem to be drawn and attracted to every ugly chair that has been abandoned or lost it's way. I think that if it comes to live with me, it will have a better life and not be doomed forever to a lonely existence in a consignment shop or (gasp) someones basement. I vow right now that I can and will make it's life a brighter place to be. Okay, see what I mean. I'm kinda scaring myself.
Before the transformation. (I feel like I'm auditioning for Design Star on HGTV).
And After.




No comments:

Post a Comment