Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Husbands

While catching up on some blog reading last night, I came across this most beautiful prayer for our husbands. This is a prayer of Scripture this woman is committing to praying everyday of 2010 for her husband. She is doing the same for her children with a similar prayer. I am most inspired. I just couldn't resist sharing it with you. To say I pray for my husband - yes. To say I pray a Scripture prayer like this - no. I plan to copy this into my prayer journal. I want to give credit where credit is due so please feel free to visit her website for more amazing insights.
http://www.brookemcglothlin.com/

While you are lifting up your man, I'd like to ask you to please remember the husband of one of my best buddies. He is leaving for Honduras in the very near future to serve as part of a medical team in an orphanage there. Please pray for his protection and provision.

"Lord, create in my husband a clean heart and renew a right spirit within him. Help him to abide in You and You in him. Turn his heart toward his children and the hearts of his children to him. Thank you for Him Lord. For allowing me to rest in Your provision of him as my husband. May he desire to be like You; merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. As he believes in You, may he be established. Continue to empower him to do justice, to love kindness and to walk humbly with his God. I give thanks for him lord, and pray that You would give him a spirit of wisdom and of revelation, that he may always know what is the hope to which he has been called, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints and what is the immeasurable greatness of Your power toward your believers. Let him deny himself and take up his cross daily to follow You. May Christ dwell richly in his heart through faith. May he, being rooted and grounded in love, have strength with all the saints to comprehend what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge. May Your grace be sufficient for him and Your power made perfect in his weakness. May he walk not in the counsel of the wicked nor stand in the way of sinners, but rather delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night. Answer him when he calls, O God, be gracious and hear his prayers. Let him take refuge in You and give thanks to You with his whole heart. May he recount all of Your wonderful deeds, be glad and exult in You...sing praise to Your Name. May he fear You Lord, and thus find wisdom. Let him walk in the way of insight. May he love the Lord his God with all of his heart and all his soul and all his might. May You bless him and keep him and make Your face shine upon him, and be gracious to him, O Lord my God."

(Scripture references: Psalm 51:10, John 15:4, Malachi 4:5-6, Psalm 86:15, 2 Chronicles 20:20, Micah 6:8, Ephesians 1:17-19, Luke 9:23, Ephesians 3:17, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Psalm 1:1, Psalm 4:1, Psalm 7:1, Psalm 9:1-2, Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 9:6, Deuteronomy 6:5, Numbers 6:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment