Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Day in the Life

Okey Dokey – how about one of my boring old posts about a day in my life. Honestly, I really wonder sometimes who cares. My momma would care I guess but she doesn’t read my blog. Anyway, here goes:
1. Outside my window . . . it is the most bee-u-ti-ful of days. The sun is bright, the trees are wildly glorious with color and the temperature could not be more perfect. Somebody say Amen!
2. I am reading . . . . Book #4 “Sunset” of the Sunrise Series by Karen Kingsbury. So who loves Karen Kingsbury’s books? I certainly do! This series brings to a close the saga of the Baxter family. I’ve been reading about them so long I feel like they are family. Yes, I know, they are fictional and I will have to deal with that. I also have downloaded to my Kindle the final installment of Nora Roberts’ Bride Quartet series, “Happily Ever After.” I’m saving it for the perfect reading moment. And, of course, from my favorite book of all, I’m still reading the book of Nehemiah. I just cannot get enough of this book. It is chock full of practical life lessons from this amazing man of the Old Testament. He was a political leader who sought God at every turn. Because of his obedience, he was able to accomplish amazing things during his lifetime.
3. Okay, this really doesn’t have anything to do with anything but I just loved the CMA Awards last night. I tell you that Carrie Underwood is ten kinds of pretty. As the co-host with Brad Paisley, she had many wardrobe changes and she wore one gorgeous gown after another. It was like this incredible fashion show along with awesome music all rolled into one. And who knew Gwyneth Paltrow could sing like that? Plus she had the good sense to sing a duet with the best singer/songwriter in country music and one of my personal favorites, Vince Gill. It was icing on the country music cake. I loved every minute of it . . . except maybe when Kid Rock sat down at that piano and tried to screech out a song. Besides who decided he was a country music singer anyway?
4. I am watching . . . well, Dancing with the Stars is just full of surprises this season is it not? Kurt Warner didn’t make the cut this week but golly what a gentlemen he is. So, we have Jennifer Grey, Brandy, Kyle Massey and the much-improved Bristol Palin. I’m keeping my opinions close to the vest but let’s just say the girls have it. Okay, if you remember from last year, D and I are huge “Undercover Boss” fans. What would Sunday night be without it and “Extreme Home Makeover.”
5. I am wearing . . . black pants, black turtleneck and a tan/black zebra print jacket. I just returned from the Challenged Child Brunch and Fashion Show which has inspired me on several levels. First, I feel sure we all need to have a great pair of boots even in Georgia because it will eventually get cold here and even if it doesn’t, I’m wearing my boots anyway. I’ve never seen as many cute pairs of boots as I’ve seen today. I’m also loving the bootie. Last year I must admit I had mixed emotions about the bootie but since I purchased a super cute pair at Target, I’m thinking they are the answer to my winter footwear dilemma. By the way, dear friends, accessories make your outfit. I could talk about this for hours but truth is truth and if you don’t pay attention to the details, you’re sunk in the fashion department. It’s worth the time to seek out cute and/or funky belts, necklaces, earrings, scarves, rings and watches. They will, I promise, change your life . . . . well at least your fashion life. And now I will step down off my accessorized soap box.
6. I am listening . . . to the new Zac Brown CD. G got it the day it came out and I swear the more I listen to it the better it gets. As you may know, Zac and his band are from our neck of the woods – Dahlonega and Gainesville. The lead guitar player graduated from Gainesville High. And by the way, they won the “New Artist of the Year” award at the CMAs last night. Way to go – they deserve it. I am contemplating the merits of breaking out the Christmas CDs. It’s a fine line – you don’t want to get them out too early for fear of them wearing out their welcome by the time Christmas rolls around. On the other hand, you really only listen to them once a year so why not? The jury is still out – I’ll let you know.
7. I am thinking . . . about my sweet daddy. Why does this never go away? He’s been gone almost 15 years and there is not a day goes by that I don’t think about him. I was telling G this morning in the car a story about him. G and E were only 7 and 10 when he went to be with Jesus so I feel I have an obligation to keep his memory alive with them. Oh, how I would love to be in the same room with him and my children. Someday . . .
8. Okay, let’s end on a happy note! :)) The Loft Outlet has everything in the store 30% off November 11 through the 14th – even their clearance items.
We have 44 days until Christmas. – are you ready? I found the perfect gift for our niece at the Mart on Tuesday (I love when that happens).
I’m having dinner with my “adopted sisters” (D’s aunts) and their husbands Sunday night and I cannot wait. I love them so much.
I do believe that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment