Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What I love about November 2010

After that last over-exhaustive post, I'll spare you alot of talk and get to the point. What I love about November 2010 . . . what's not to love?

1. Marketplace is this Friday and Saturday! It's a shopping extravaganza to benefit a very good cause. Sponsored annually by the hospital Auxiliary, 100% of this year's ( and last year's) profits go to benefit New Horizons North, a long-term care facility.
Thursday, November 4th - Preview Party, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tickets $40
Friday, November 5th - 9:30 a.m. til 6:30 p.m. Tickets $5
Saturday, November 6th - 9:30 a.m. til 5:00 p.m.
Location: Gainesville Civic Center
I'll be there most of the day tomorrow helping with set-up. Get a head start on your Christmas shopping - it's going to be good!

2. I'll be spending this weekend with my husband in one of my favorite places in Georgia - Barnsley Gardens. This is the annual trip for the GFIA Board of Directors and I'm just blessed to get to go along. Oh, I can hardly wait. Weather - you are going to be perfect!

3. It's that time of year . . . the annual Cash and Carry at the Mart in Atlanta. I'm getting my Christmas list ready and hope to put some check marks beside some names!

4. On November 11th, Challenged Child and Friends will be hosting a Brunch and Fashion Show at the Chattahoochee Country Club. Another very good cause to support plus you get brunch and a fashion show - sounds like a win-win to me! I'll be taking the Mimi and Nana along with me for this!

5. My driver's license expires on November 19th. I guess you know what that means. My youth is expiring right along with it.

6. Jingle Mingle on the Square on Thursday, November 18th. This kicks off the holiday season on the Downtown Square. Rumor has it Santa will be there. D and I attended this last year and had a great time.

7. Going to Athens with some very special friends the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to see Mannheim Steamroller. What a great way to get in the Christmas mood!

8. Thanksgiving! WooHoo! Y'all know this may be my favorite holiday of all. There is not a single thing that I do not love about Thanksgiving.

9. This year on Thanksgiving we'll be doing something a little different and trotting with the other turkeys down in Atlanta for the 1/2 marathon at Turner Field. Actually, I will not be trotting but the husband, daughter and son-in-law will be. I'll go along of course for moral support. I really think they are doing this so they can have a free pass on anything they want to eat the rest of the day. Pretty good plan actually.

10. Day after Thanksgiving - John Berry at Pierce Auditorium. Enough said.

Oh, this time of year makes me just giddy with excitement. The family, the traditions, the food, - oh, the joy! Hope your November is a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment