Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Update

Well, I am just having the best week and it's only Tuesday. And it's bound to get better because we all know all the fun that's to be had before this week's end. Woo and Hoo!

Okay, so Sunday. D went to regular church and I had "church" with a whole slew of High Schoolers. Why you might ask? This is a really long story but I'll give you the short(est) version. Several months ago, God put the most wonderful young woman in my life. The way it happened is a super cool story and one that can only be described as a God-thing. She is a young wife and mother trying to all the right things in God's eyes and has two of the most precious young girls you've ever seen. Anyway, this young woman was speaking to this group of high schoolers on the subject of sex and as you might imagine, I thought she just might need to see a familiar, smiling face of encouragement in the audience. So I went for moral support. She did a great job and honestly, I was beyond impressed at her level of comfort speaking openly about an extremely sensitive subject. She handled it perfectly. And, by the way, kudos to our youth minister for his support of her presentation. I really wanted to give her a standing ovation when she was finished but I thought that might not be appropriate given the circumstances but I sure was giving her one on the inside.
And the rest of the day Sunday was beyond relaxing. We came home, put on our comfortable clothes and never got out of them the rest of the day. G and his girlfriend were with us all day and it was great. We watched football, laughed, ordered pizza and even went to the grocery store together. I loved every minute of it.
So Monday I was up and out early for a full day of appointments and errands. Late in the day, I got to see my girl. She had been out of town for a few days so it had been awhile, and I could hardly wait to lay eyes on her. We met with a sweet bride and her mom about her wedding in April. I know I say this all the time but I love my job. We had so much fun with them talking about all the details of her big day.
After that, it was time for our monthly birthday group girlfriend get together. Well, let's just say I could hardly wait to get there and see these precious women. We sat around our friend's kitchen table and talked for a solid two hours and never moved. Honestly, I think my rear might have been a little numb when I finally got up. At one point, we declared ourselves officially old when we realized we were comparing surgeries, symptoms, medications, aches and pains. I could not have been happier to be there.
And today, Tuesday. Actually I think I may have crossed the midnight time line with this post into Wednesday so honestly, I don't know if today is today or today is tomorrow. Anyway, I won't bore you with all the details but there are two highlights that must be noted.
1. I had a great lunch with one of my heart-friends and oh, at the joy. We hadn't had any face time in months and it was awesome to get to see her and catch up with each other''s lives.
2. It is official. I am now in the full-blown Christmas spirit. D and I have just returned from seeing Mannheim Steamroller in concert. We went to the Classic Center in Athens with our good friends and we had the very best time. MS have been around for 25 years and I think we have every CD they have ever released. Nothing says Christmas to me like Mannheim Steamroller. They are super-duper talented musicians and they can take the most traditional Christmas song and turn it into the absolute coolest thing you have ever heard. There are keyboards, guitars, violins, recorders, strings, horns and drums. I will tell you that you still have a chance to see them in our area as they will be performing at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta the last week in December. It is definitely worth the price of admission.
Seems like the common thread of this post is the good quality time that has been spent with family and friends the past few days. I honestly didn't intend that to be the theme but it sure has come shining through. So, I'll just end here and say that during this season of gratitude I am so very thankful for the family and friends that God has blessed me with.

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name." Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment