Saturday, November 20, 2010

Food Friday

I was just reading an article about how to be a successful blogger. Guess what Rule #1 is? Be consistent. Rule #2: Pick a topic and blog about that topic - i.e. cooking; parenting; fashion; crafting, etc. Well, what I have been successful at on this blog is not following rules 1 or 2. Oh well.
Therefore, Food Friday will probably continue to float somewhere around Friday and I will continue to write as a non-expert on a variety of topics. Basically, I'll just continue to do what I do best.

So, who's ready for Thanksgiving? I am totally geared up for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year! As soon as I close up this computer I'm going to the basement to pack up fall and unpack Christmas! Yay!! So ready for all things Christmas. Not to negate Thanksgiving but we don't celebrate Thanksgiving at my house so I can go ahead and get a jump start on the Christmas decorating. However, the inside and outside of my house will have a split personality until next weekend. For some reason, I am totally comfortable decorating the inside for Christmas before Thanksgiving but I just can't bring myself to do the outside. So to the outside world, we will still be all things fall but to the inside, we are all things Christmas!

I wanted to share a recipe that I will make about 10 times from now until Christmas Day. I'm asked to bring this salad to every family or friend get together that I attend. That's okay, it's easy, it can be made the day before (actually it's best to do that) and it is delicious!

**EDITED TO ADD: In the second paragraph, when I said we don't celebrate Thanksgiving at my house what I meant was, we go to D's paren'ts house for Thanksgiving; I do not host it. So . . . yes, we do believe in giving thanks and setting aside a day to do just that. Just to clarify.

Crunchy Cranberry Salad
Ingredients:
3 oz. pkg. strawberry gelatin
3 oz. pkg. raspberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen sliced strawberries, partially thawed
1 15 ¼ oz. can crushed pineapple, don’t drained
1 16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped pecans
Directions:
1. Dissolve gelatins in boiling water and let cool.
2. Add strawberries, pineapple, cranberry sauce, celery and pecans.
3. Spoon into a 12x8x2 pan or your favorite mold, sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Cover and chill until firm.
4. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined plate.
This recipe is best if prepared the day before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment