Friday, December 10, 2010

Food Friday - This May be Your Christmas Card

Earlier in the week, my good friend and I were discussing her husband's office Christmas party, which she is hosting in their home this evening. We were talking about what her menu might include and I told her about this great Buttermilk Coconut Pie recipe.
When her plate began to get full right before this party (which always seems to happen when you are hosting a party), I told her I would make her pies for her. So last night, I made the pies and hopefully, they will taste as good as they smelled in my kitchen. It was all I could do to keep my husband from sticking a fork right in the middle of one of them.
As yummy as they taste and as good as they smell, they just aren't anything special to look at. Not that every pie has to be a beauty queen but it's an added perk if they are. Anyway, I remembered these Martha Stewart cake stencils I had and wondered how they would look on a pie. Well, what do you think?



Here is the recipe and it is yummy!
Buttermilk Coconut Pie
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 tablespoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup grated coconut
1 deep dish pie shell or 2 regular pie shells
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat eggs until frothy; add butter, sugar and flour. Beat until smooth.
3. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and nutmeg. pour into pie shell.
4. Bake at 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is firm.
Enjoy!
With all my Christmas card concerns this year, you may just have to consider this your formal greeting. If so, I'll add a photo of G to make the family complete.
These were taken at the GFIA Holiday Extravaganza in Atlanta last week.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment