Thursday, December 2, 2010

Live it UP Plan - Part 3

Well, I did it! I got through my speaking engagement and enjoyed every minute of it, despite the massive butterflies in my stomach. The ladies of WomenSource were so great. Oh, the fun. I am honored that they asked me.

Okay, let's finish this UP. As you remember, I am talking about my Live It Up Plan for Entertaining. We've already discussed Live and It. So now onto Up.

Unleash your food inhibitions. Food, glorious food! What's a party without food? Not much of a party. I suggest you have 4 or 5 "go to" fool-proof recipes you rely on for entertaining. Try these throughout the year so you'll know they are good ones. Trying them the day of the party is not recommended. I've been there and done that.

Planning is key. Do as much ahead of time as possible. Make lists - check them twice. You technie folks probably have an app for that. Me - I have a spiral bound notebook that keeps me organized.

Well, I'm putting my feet up for all of about 5 minutes before I have to go in there and change out of these clothes and into my "Par-tay" clothes. D and I are headed down to the Cobb Galleria for the Georgia Food Industry's Annual Holiday Extravaganza (that's the exact name of this event.) I'll report on all the fun tomorrow.

Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment