Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Top 10

I know some bloggers do those really deep and meaningful Top Ten Lists each year and I had high aspirations of that at first but to tell you the truth, I’m just not feeling too deep or meaningful today. So for my Top 10 you’re getting such deep subjects as fashion, movies and make-up. Par for the course, I suppose.

1. However, I do have to start with a serious one because when I think back on this year, I think of how good God has been to me and my family. His blessings have overflowed. Yes, we have had our share of troubles, disappointments, and hurts but if I know anything I know that my God is faithful. He is good. He is full of grace and mercy. He is loving. Among a lot of other thankful moments, I just can’t think about this year without thanking Him for protecting my children. That’s why my most thankful moment of 2010 came when in separate accidents both of my children totaled their cars but neither was injured. Praise Him!

Okay, deep breath. Dry my eyes.

2. My favorite movie of 2010: “Toy Story 3.” Hands down. Loved it.
3. My favorite book of 2010: My favorite book of the Bible this year has been Nehemiah. My favorite totally-superficial book is “Happily Ever After” by Nora Roberts. The 4th and final installment in the Bride Quartet about wedding planner, Parker Brown. I aspire to be the wedding planner she is written to be.
4. My favorite television show: Castle. Monday night on ABC. Wouldn’t miss it.
5. My favorite fashion addition. My black tall boots with the 4inch heels. I feel long, lean and sleek in them. And since I am none of those things, I call them “miracle boots.”
6. My favorite beauty addition: My L’Oreal Anti-Redness Primer. The stuff is as green as a gourd. I look like some sort of swamp creature when I put it on. I’m not sure how or why it does what it does but thank goodness, it does.
7. My favorite home addition: The bed in the guest bedroom. It’s rich, dark, heavy and wonderful. Everything else in this room is neutral in color. I love the way that bed anchors the room. Followed closely by the “ground beef crumbler” from Pampered Chef. One of the best kitchen utensils ever.
8. My favorite travel moment: Our trip to San Francisco in September. And when at the last minute, we got to go to the Georgia/Florida game. And when the entire family traveled to Orlando. Okay, I can't choose.
9. My favorite activity: I’d have to say it is doing the “What’s for Supper?” segment every day. This is a God-thing if there ever was one and I could not enjoy it more.
10. My biggest accomplishment this year: I guess that would be losing some weight. I give God the glory here for the resolve, discipline and self control He gave me because goodness knows it came from Him and not me.

I’m going to be back soon with some 2011-related goals. I would love to hear yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment