Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve 2010!

It's Friday but it's not Food Friday, it is Christmas Eve Friday! Isn't that exciting? and how did that happen, by the way? Doesn't time just go by WAY too fast?

I'm gonna have to be honest with you, I have been in a little funk lately. Don't ask me why. Does a woman have to have a reason? No faster than you can say hormones may be the reason for this. I don't know. But I do know that there is no better way to get a girl out of her self-absorbed funk and smacked back into her reality than to begin counting my blessings. And in my case, hearing about some folks who have some real concerns - like spending Christmas in the hospital because of some very severe injuries; or like having very, very sick children; or like missing their fiance because he is serving in Afghanistan; or like wondering where their rebellious young adult child is spending Christmas. Oh, heavenly day. All this not too depress you, only a reminder to this sometimes too-wrapped-up-in-her-own self girlfriend, that you know what? I.Am.Beyond.Blessed. Beyond. And even if I were in my own personal wilderness, I am still blessed. Because I have a Father who so loved this world that He gave His one and only Son so that I will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16).

And because of that, we should all have a very Merry Christmas. I hope you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment