Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful

Why yes, the weather is a little on the frightful; no, not that bad, maybe just a little on the nervous. The wind is blustery (I have always wanted to use that word. It's one that seems only the meteorologist have right to but hey, I can assume the identity on this blog) and there is some precipitation in the air. I'm supposed to go up in the mountains tomorrow to Unicoi State Park to meet with their site manager about a wedding we have there soon. But believe you me, if it's snowing, I'm not going. No need for unnecessary travel, I always say.

Okay, so what's new? D and I had dinner at Roosters Friday night and it was awesome. I love that place - the chicken quesadillas were to die for. After that, we went to see"Nuncrackers" at the Holly Theatre in Dahlonega. Honestly, the best part of that whole trip, other than those chicken quesadillas, was the walk around the Square. It is gorgeous, I tell you. Love that place. Oh wait, there was something else that was amazing - the milk chocolate turtles that we got at Paul Thomas Chocolates on the Square. Somehow, I had totally missed this little chocolate shop on the Square before but I won't miss it again. Those turtles - think manna from heaven.

Yesterday I spent all day, ALL day in the kitchen cooking up baked goodies as a gift for our Handbell Choir. Here is what was the on the menu:
Graham Cracker Bark
Cream Cheese Fingers
Orange Tea Cakes
Peanut Butter Fudge
Pecan Pie Squares and
Drum Roll please . . . . I have created my own cookie. I know. Who knew? I'm calling it "Crevolyn's Christmas Cookie." I know not that original of a title (unless you consider my name which in it's own right makes it original) but I'll be doggone if this cookie wasn't pretty darn good. Especially, for something I created my own self. I'll share this recipe pretty soon. Trying to decide if I should get some sort of patent on it or something. D says they don't patent cookies - I think they should.

Today . . . Well, can I just say our church service this morning was beyond incredible. I tell you, if you didn't feel the Spirit of Jesus this morning in that Sanctuary, you must have slept through the entire thing. The handbells :), the choir, the solos, the orchestra but most of the all, the sermon . . . awesome. Tom spoke on Joy, having the joy of Jesus. He brought it to the table, I tell you. So good.

I'm sitting here for just a few minutes before I've got to get right back out in the cold and head over to the Limestone store for the joy of some children's voices. The Enota Elementary Show Choir (65 voices!) is sharing a special performance right in our store this afternoon. My good friend, Sheila, is their very talented director and I wouldn't miss it for the world. After that, D and I are headed out to do some shopping for our Secret Santa family. While I won't go into much detail here, trust me when I say, I am so burdened for this family. Alot of folks have alot of troubles. Maybe we can relieve just a few of their worries for a little while. That is my prayer.

By the way, because I know y'all have been on the edge of your seats about this, we still have no Christmas cards or picture to go in it. What is wrong with me? Not sure this is going to happen this year and if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world. Just the first time in 25 years that we haven't sent a Christmas card. Can I live with that? Hmm.

Have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment