Friday, December 24, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I have a few minutes before all of our Christmas eve festivities begin, so I was sitting here staring at our Christmas tree, visually taking in all of the beauty. I have a formally "decorated" tree in our living room but the family room tree is just that, the family tree. When I look at our Christmas tree, is nothing but a trip down our family memory lane. I have collected ornaments from every location we have visited on our family vacations. I have every ornament my children ever made. I have many that were precious gifts from special people. I love each and every one.
And then I do the unexpected maybe. I saved E's Christmas doll from when she was a little girl and put it on the tree every year.And G's angel he made in elementary school. His name written in his own handwriting.


Special photos. G "loves" this one. Check out those beads. :)


E's senior picture.

Both of these were gifts from a precious friend. And the true reason we celebrate.



This just makes my heart happy!



The Love Bug. My favorite movie when I was growing up. Love that Herbie.


This ornament is so cool. Mickey's silhouette from our surprise Disney vacation in the fall of 2009.
Oh, and the one behind it is one from mine and E's craft party this year. I wrote JandJ on it.
From one of my trips to NYC when we saw the Radio City Music Hall's Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.



And finally, a photo of my mom and dad taken in the late 70s. Oh my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment