Saturday, September 12, 2009

Better than the Bulldogs

In the previous post I talked about what a great day today is because of the Bulldogs. But little did I know, it could only get better. My 19 year old son walked through the front door of our house. Halleluiah! You may or may not know that he is four hours away at college. I haven't seen him since he packed all of his worldly possessions in his truck and left over a month ago. I could have kissed the whiskers off his face. Isn't it amazing how seeing one of your youngins can just cure what ails ya? I also say that about a diet Coke out of a fountain over ice but this is really even better than that. He had been in Athens last night with some friends and came up this way to see his mama. That's what he told me and I'm choosing to believe it. He stayed just long enough for us to have lunch with D, for him to run by the store (an added bonus of seeing his Poppa) and to fill his truck up with gas. And with that, he was gone again. D will see him again at the ballgame in a few hours. I, however, will just have to bask in the memory of that big ole boy putting those big arms around me, kissing the top of my head and saying, "Mom, you're the best. I love you."
Now that truly is better than the bulldogs.

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW! I miss my brother! Wish I could have seen him. But, maybe the next trip home. Love!

    ReplyDelete