Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday, Sunday - I love that day!

Sundays may be my favorite day of the week . . . for several reasons. First, my husband is with me, all day, doesn’t go to the store – all day. I love it. And he takes me out to eat after church. Now we really don’t eat out much. One of the non-perks about being married to a grocery store man, he likes to eat what he sells. So the anticipation and excitement when pulling out of the church parking lot is almost more than I can bear. Where are we going today? What sounds good? This very important decision has to be made to the mutual approval of both of us. When the kids were at home, we did a rotation. Four of us – four Sundays a month and we went in alphabetical order. The problem came when we had something after church and that child missed their day. Then there was trouble brewing. Life is so not fair! You can just imagine the injustice that child had to endure. But as empty nesters, we just calmly make a decision and go with it! (Side note: most of you know I was not a big fan of the whole empty nest idea but we have become very comfortable with it. It does have some advantages and this is one of them) Today the choice was a good one – Chili’s! The chicken Caesar pita cannot be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment