Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Fall Ya'll!

Woohoo! Fall is almost here! And fall in North Georgia is the best! I love decorating my house for fall, mixing up the cashews, peanuts and candy corn, going up in the mountains to the apple barns for all sorts of deliciousness, the fall festivals, pumpkins, mums, the colors of the leaves and the most wonderful of all – the cool weather. This will be no surprise to some of you but I am extremely hot natured right now in this season of life, if you know what I’m saying. It is miserable. And it is still 114 degrees in the South. But thankfully, fall is on the way! We have had little glimpses of it with some cool mornings and evenings. Now I probably won’t wear a sweater until after Christmas and may not put a coat on all season but that’s okay. Even with that being said, fall clothes are still my favorite! I made a little run over to my favorite clothing store on the planet this past week with my mom and boy oh boy, that was pleasure. I was there for almost three hours, touched everything, tried on a few things and bought a blouse. Isn’t that the way it goes? If my husband had been there, he would have gone bananas or to Chickfila. That’s why I went when he was out of town. Anyway, something I want but didn’t get was a scarf. Now, I’ve seen my fashionista friends (and I have some friends with some serious fashion sense to be sure) wear these great scarves, tied in all these cool ways but I just can’t pull it off. I need to be tutored in the fine art of scarf buying and tying. So maybe I’ll go back, buy one and take a class. Do they offer classes on such? If not, they should.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't we used to have a sign that went in the front yard that said, "It's Fall Ya'll?" I think we did!

    And my husband thought I was crazy when I told him it was time to buy the peanuts and candy corn to make our fall mix. Guess I'll have to come to your house to get some! Because we all know you will have plenty! (probably through Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete