Monday, September 14, 2009

Going Deeper

Our pastor can do some fine preaching let me tell you. He is in the book of Galatians, chapter 1. The subject: going deep. The desperate need for the church of Jesus Christ today: for each of us to go deeper with God. So how do we do that? By spending periods of time in solitude, quietness and obscurity with our Savior. Have you done that lately? Have you just gone away with God? no distractions, no phones, email, or tv, - just gone to a quiet place to be with Him. If not, I challenge you to plan it today. Be intentional about it because if you’re not, it won’t happen. Put it on your calendar just like you would any other appointment or meeting you might have. Carve out some time with Him! He will honor it!
Next Saturday I am going to do exactly this. I will be headed up to a quiet place – cows, chickens, and the occasional rooster will be my only distraction – to spend time with God. Just me and Him. I can hardly wait! I know He has something for me. Take a look at your calendar and schedule a meeting with Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment