Friday, September 11, 2009

A New Beginning

I love new beginnings, a fresh start - a new school year, a new class, a new Bible study, a new year, a new month, a new day. Well, it's a new day for me. My darlin daughter had to set up this blog because she knows how technically challenged I am. But, just between you and me, I think she was just a little impressed that I even knew what a blog was and what to do with one.

One thing you will realize very quickly about me is that I am a random thinker, thus in the blog world, a random writer. I won't make any promises as to how well this whole thing flows and goes. Because I just say something in the middle of something else, all the time. You know why? Because I'm afraid I'll forget it. Just exactly how frustrating is that. Oh my goodness, I'll say "let me tell you this before I forget it." Because at my age, and I'm really not that old, thoughts just pass through my mind and if I don't say it, they will be a fleeting ones.

So, you have had fair warning. I sincerely hope I don't embarrass my family and friends along this blog journey. Why? because they mean the world to me. Can I just tell you that I have the most amazing husband, son, daughter and son-in-law in the entire universe. They are the most fun, funny, interesting, talented, and fabulous people ever! I love them with all my heart! And I love my God! oh yes, I do. He saved me literally from a world of destruction. His love, mercy, grace and forgiveness are truly amazing.

Many years ago a dear, wise-beyond-her-years friend said to me "choose a life verse and live it." Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to read the entire Bible and find a verse for my entire life? oh, but it was much easier than that. I just prayed about what God would have for me and He lead me to Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me, the life I live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Now that's worth celebrating! This life is a celebration and a preparation for our eternal one. I challenge you today to live it! Make an impact on others. Make it count for eternity!

Celebrating life with you today!



1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog so far, Mom! I am very impressed with you.... You are starting to enter the 21st century! Congrats! I love you!

    ReplyDelete