Wednesday, April 7, 2010

10 More

Last week, or sometime, I did one of those 10 random things posts. If it's one thing I do have, it is some randomness in my life. And if that isn't all well and good, I'm always glad to share it. I'm an over-sharer like that. So . . . y’all may not give a hoot or a holler about this, but give me a break, blog subjects aren’t always the easiest thing to create.

10 more random things about me.

1. My husband and I had our first date on January 10th, got engaged on March 22nd and married on June 2nd – of. The. Same. Year!! (1984)

2. On our honeymoon, we missed our plane and when we got to our destination they had already closed the luggage office with our luggage locked inside. Now if you’re following me here, you are understanding that we had no luggage on our wedding night and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

3. My first car was a 1975 orange Chevrolet Camaro. Yes, I said orange and it had a white vinyl top and it was totally awesome and I wish I still had it. I could tell you some adventures surrounding this car while in high school, but my mom, inlaws and/or children might read this. So I won't.

4. My second car was a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am - just like Burt Reynolds drove in “Smokey and the Bandit.” Except mine was white with a blue bird on the hood. All the college boys wanted to go out with me just so they could drive my car. Interestingly enough, I had the same boyfriend for all four years of college. He drove my car. We broke up the week after we graduated.

5. My favorite dessert is hot chocolate chip cookies and very cold milk.

6. As I’m driving in the neighborhood at night, I like to look in people’s houses when their lights are on and you can see inside. Not in a weird way – just to see how their houses are decorated. Okay, that may be weird.

7. One of my greatest joys in life is giving someone I love a gift that they love.

8. I cannot stand flip flops because that thingy between my toes drives me insanely crazy.

9. I only paint my fingernails OPI Red or OPI Dutch Tulips. I wear Red from about October through February. Then switch to Dutch Tulips from March through September. Kinda surprising given my personality, isn't it?

10. I love to talk to my children while in the car. I call it having a captive audience. No music or radio. Just good ole conversation going down the road. While this wouldn't necessarily be categorized as random, it just reminds me of my love for my children - more than words can even begin to express. Those two young people are the absolute joy of my life. A mother's love, no one can fathom. Just gives us a glimpse of our Heavenly Father's love for us. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment