Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Eat My Words (Again)

Edited to Add: I totally forgot to tell you the very best thing that happened at the Hawks game. If you've been, you know that during timeouts and between quarters they play games and do fun stuff. Well, during the first half, they had a young lady out on the court to play the Home Depot Higher-Lower price game. Well . . . this young lady was on her third price guess, when they flipped the card over to reveal the question . . . "Will You Marry Me?" And there behind her, down on one knee on the court was her boyfriend holding a ring. The Jumbotron was flashing "will you marry me?" and the crowd went crazy! Awwww. That, by far, was my favorite moment of the entire evening. Romantic that I am. I actually started crying and I didn't know these folks from adam's house cat. Since my husband would clearly not understand these emotions, I sent E a text message to tell her all about it. Thanks to her, my femininity was affirmed and all was well.

I have about half a second to tell you that I totally take back my lukewarm attitude about the Hawks experience last night. Shame on me. The game was great. The "entertainment" at timeouts and half time was excellent, the food in that suite was exceptional, . . . so I have to eat my words. I will write one time: I will not be less than excited about a Hawks game ever again.

We are leaving in 15 minutes to go to Alpharetta for dinner with E and N and then onto see Josh Turner and Alan Jackson!!! WOO! HOO! Pictures and details to follow.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment