Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Did it!

I did it! I walked the 5K tonight in 53 minutes! That is 3.1 miles in less than an hour. You should have seen E and I - we sprinted to the finish line in order to not go over that 53 minute mark. Too funny! This may not sound like a major accomplishment to some but to me - it was a big huge deal! Exactly one month ago today I began a weight loss and exercise program. To date I have lost 16 pounds. And I kid you not, it is undoubtedly one of the hardest things I have ever done but so well worth it!

Thanks to my sweet daughter for being my inspiration and encourager to walk the 5K. Thanks to my dear friend Tracy for being my encourager, sounding board and supporter along the weight loss journey. I have a ways to go but I'm going to take the lead from the Old Testament's Daniel and have resolve! I'm determined. I'm gonna make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment