Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday: In Review

HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY to our precious daughter and her husband!! Where has the time gone! We love you both!!

I realize that this is Monday but I've just got to tell you about Saturday. Early Saturday morning, E and I met the sweetest bride and her mom at Panera. Sidenote: you know, I think that this week I am going to invest in Panera stock. I undoubtedly would quickly be a priority shareholder I'm sure. Anyway, this particular bride is getting married on May 1st and her wedding is going to be beautiful. As expected, there are a mountain of details and we were there for three hours. Every minute was a pleasure. I can hardly wait to tell you more about this wedding.

I left there and immediately went to get Mother for lunch and to take her to the Belks. And where do you think that sweet woman wanted to get lunch - "at the place that has that good broccoli and cheese soup." Yep, you guessed it. Panera. By 2:00, I had been up for 7 hours and had spent 5 1/2 of them at Panera. Yes, definitely buying stock. Anyway, after our quick trip to Belks, I ran back home to change into my concert-going clothes because we were off to meet our daughter and her hubby for dinner and the concert. Oh the joy.

Now, I must explain this photo. My husband is a very complex man. He has many different layers to his personality. This particular one is not one that comes to the surface very often but when it does, you better watch out. I call it his rugged, cowboy, Marlboro man personality. This particular day it manifested itself through his black hat and his black truck. I really wish you could have seen E's face when she walked out and this is the way he was standing. Priceless.


I thought he looked pretty handsome but we couldn't convince him to wear his hat to the concert. Kinda Kenny Chesney-ish don't you think?
We had dinner at a great restaurant on Mansell Road near Northpoint Mall called The Diner at Northpoint. The restaurant was beautiful, the food was great and company was well, the best.

The weather was perfect for an outdoor concert and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is a great venue. Our whole concert experience could not have been better.
Oh, have mercy. Josh Turner. The most amazing voice I think I have ever heard - low and rich.





And then, the Newnan, Georgia boy - Alan Jackson. The man sang for almost two hours solid. He has had countless #1 hits and by the way, will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this Friday. He didn't even mention that during the concert. We just heard that on the radio yesterday. He is a very humble, down to earth singer and song writer. We could not have had a better time.



The concert tickets were a gift to E for her birthday. But D and I would not have missed this for the world. It was a fabulous evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment