Monday, April 26, 2010

Its Monday!

Wow, I have hardly had a chance to take a deep breath since I blogged on Friday. I wrote early that morning because I knew that day would be jam packed and it was. As was Saturday. As was Sunday. As was today. But that's the thing about life, it just keeps comin' at you.

Friday morning was all about preparations for Shay and Caleb's wedding at the church and reception site. Then there was a long planning lunch with E in beautiful downtown Commerce. Hadn't had lunch in downtown Commerce since . . . well, never. We sat outside at a little cafe there and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We then headed back to E's house to put our feet up for exactly 5 minutes before I needed to get connected via cell phone to the folks at the radio station for the "What's for Supper?" segment. I would much rather be in the studio with them but that just can't always happen. Got off the phone, changed clothes and headed to the wedding rehearsal. That went extremely smoothly and we were out of there in record time. I then headed back to Gainesville and called my momma on the way home only to find out she had taken a hard fall in the mall parking lot that afternoon and was not doing so well. So I ran to get her some pain medication, a snack from Wendys (which was sure to cheer her up) and then to her house. We sat and commiserated for awhile and then I finally headed home. It was about 9:00 p.m. by this time. A long day to be sure.

Saturday I left the house and headed to Maysville about 10:00. Once you arrive on site for a wedding, it is non-stop, do-whatever-needs-to-be-done and you don't sit again until you get in the car to drive home. That is just the way it is. Thankfully the storms that were forecasted only turned out to be steady rain. Which is not ideal for a wedding but it was much better than the alternative. I tell you, these two were the sweetest couple ever. I had a "first" at this wedding. The bride and groom decided to see each other before the wedding so the photographer orchestrated the "first look" photos in the church sanctuary. I was in the right place at the right time and got to witness this. I stood there and cried as this big guy was brought to tears by the beauty of his bride. oh. dear. He literally could not stop looking at her and telling her how gorgeous she was. It was priceless.
By the time I left Maysville at about 6:30, I was soaked to the bone but could not have cared less. All I could think about was getting home, eating something and jumping in the bed. Which is exactly what I did. D was kind enough to suggest we run to the Hibachi restaurant for some grilled shrimp, steak, chicken and vegetables. I sure was glad because I could have eaten a big ole horse by that time. I kid you not, we got it to go, brought it home, put it on a tray, got our pajamas on and got in the bed to eat it. It was heaven. D deserves the husband of the year award as he was subjected to four non-stop episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" until I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. What a guy.

Sunday we got up and went to small group and worship. My husband taught the best lesson and I was blessed beyond measure. Now one would think I would have come home to a big fat nap but no, it wasn't to happen. In order to prepare for a five-minute segment, five days a week on the radio I have to spend several hours. Without a doubt most people could do it in less than half the time, but it seems I have to over-do and over-analyze everything I do. Once that was complete I ran to the hospital gift shop for a little restocking work with Tracy and we were more than glad to have that checked off our list for the week.

It's "cake week" on the "What's for Supper?" segment this week but I think I'll tell you more about that on Friday. I will tell you that the recipe for today is Chocolate Sheet Cake with cooked chocolate icing. Would you believe D and I were making one last night at 10:00 for me to take to the radio folks this afternoon? Yes, we were and never once, not once did I stick my finger in that chocolate batter. But how oh I wanted to.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed to the prospect of going for a weigh in and work out. I mustered up enough energy for weights and the treadmill and was actually really glad I did when it was over. After such a rough weekend on the feet, I treated myself to a pedicure and it was absolutely the best pedicure I've ever had. There is a young man who works at this particular shop and he must have had pity on my poor feet, because he labored over them well past his due time. He even gave me a foot massage that was beyond fabulous.
After that I headed back to the house for phone calls, emails and preparations for tonight's Bible study. The Monday night girls made a detour in plans, put Revelation on hold until the fall and decided to pursue "Discovering the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer. This study is phenomenal. I'll be writing more about the wisdom and insights from it in a future blog.

Whew! No wonder I'm tired. Going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment