Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Wednesday

Well, it's Wednesday and I thought I would be Nashville this week with my sweet husband enjoying some reading, eating at good restaurants, relaxing, and maybe a little shopping. But unfortunately the business of the world, at least our little world, got in the way. Actually the legislature of the State of Georgia gave D an invitation he couldn't refuse. So there you go. My vacation plans were over-ruled by a bunch of politicians. I can't decide if I should be irritated or thankful for the opportunity given my husband. Okay, I'll be thankful.

D is never one to be shy about speaking out for what is right and just. And there is something going on in the retail business world that is neither right or just. So given D's connection as the former Chairman of the Georgia Food Industry Association and an independent business owner, he was asked to speak to this issue at the session today in Atlanta.

I'm going to ask him to guest post and possibility share of little bit of his testimony here. I could try to tell you about it but I'd probably wouldn't get the details right and end up dwelling on the fact that the Country Music Hall of Fame was calling my name. D is the informed political mind in our family partly out of necessity for the business but also out of sincere interest. He even reads political journals in his spare time. What in the world? Consider me perfectly happy that Southern Lady, Southern Living and InStyle do not report on the price of commodities in China and how that affects global warming and whether or not they had a summit about it.

Makes you wonder how I got through business school, doesn't it? I know that's what you were thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment