Friday, April 23, 2010

Food Friday

Well, I kinda feel like all I do is talk about food these days which as you might know, is certainly not a stretch for me. I have LOVED being in the studio and on the radio with George and BJ this week talking about "What's for Supper?" You just could not find a nicer group of folks than the folks at WDUN. They have made this radio rookie feel very comfortable and welcome.

This week on "What's for Supper?" I brought in chicken recipes seeing as how Gainesville is the Chicken Capital of the World, after all. We have talked about Jennifer's Chicken Casserole, Easy Chicken Parmesan, Crock Pot Mexican Chicken (that's this afternoon) and our recipe for today: Chicken BBQ Pizza. This has been a main stay for feeding teenagers at our house for years. To tell you the truth, I made this recipe up in my own little head. We are big fans of the Chicken BBQ Pizza at Schlotzskys so I came home and tried my best to replicate it. I'm not sure if it is anything like theirs but it is good for sure. Hope you like it!

BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 pizza crust – can use a ready-made crust; refrigerated; or mix style (water and oil will need to be added if use a mix)
1 ½ cups BBQ sauce, divided
3 cups cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
Optional additions: onions, mushrooms, sliced jalapenos; bell peppers

1. Cook crust according to package directions.
2. Spread 1 cup (or more according to taste) on baked crust.
3. Mix cooked chicken with remaining BBQ sauce to coat. Add to crust.
4. Add additional toppings if desired.
5. Top with cheese.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
7. Serves 3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment