Friday, April 16, 2010

Food Friday

Well I barely made this Friday deadline so here I am at 10:00 p.m. finally thinking about Food Friday. I feel like I must justify the fact that I am just now posting this by telling you that I left the house at 8:30 this morning and just got home about 30 minutes ago. I think I may have walked a 1/2 marathon or maybe it's just that my feet feel like that because I didn't know I was going to be gone all day and left the house this morning in 4" heels. Not good.

I could bore you to tears with the details of my day but I'll only hit the highlights (and probably still bore you to tears):
1. I had a lunch date with a bunch of cool folks today. More about this very soon.
2. I went to Books a Million for some inspiration this afternoon. I love bookstores so much. The fact that E met me there and we sat and chatted in the coffee shop just made that whole experience even better.
3. We then went to Marshalls and found some great men's shirts. Name brands at good prices. Our boys needed some new clothes.
4. And blessings abounded - my husband took me for Mexican food! No chips for me just a great grilled chicken and shrimp salad. Yum.
5. Then, get this, we went to the movies. An unexpected date night that was totally enjoyable!

I know, I know get to the point - food. Because everything has a story in our family, I'll tell you that I chose this recipe because of a delightful experience we had last night. We were invited to E and N's beautiful home for dinner. Her table was gorgeous. She used her fine china and many great serving pieces she received as wedding gifts. And the food was great. N cooked steaks and E served a great salad, roasted asparagus and this potato side dish. I discovered this recipe in the "Perennials" cookbook several years ago and it was love at first bite. "Periennials" is published by our local Junior League of Hall County.

I don't think it is necessary to include the nutritional information with this recipe. Just eat it, enjoy it and don't think about it!

Party Potatoes
1 5 lb. bag white potatoes, peeled and boiled
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter melted
1 8 oz. carton sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
6 oz. grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 pound bacon, fried, drained and crumbled

Drain potatoes, cream. Mix with cream cheese, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Spread in greased 13 x 9 casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Quick pic of my girl's table. I am so proud of her! She is quite the hostess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment