Friday, June 18, 2010

Food Friday

Well, it's Friday night and I'll be doggone I almost forgot the Food Friday post. D and I just enjoyed our Netflix delivery for this week, "My Life in Ruins." Pretty good movie, especially the scenery of Greece. Now we're watching "Crossroads" on CMT with Keith Urban and John Mayer. Those boys can sure sing and play those guitars. I love the combinations they have on "Crossroads." The last one we watched was with the Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffett. Awesome. The next one is Kenny Chesney and The Steve Miller Band. Aren't we exciting on a Friday night? I can't believe I'm actually documenting the line up for "Crossroads." Oh dear.

Okay, our recipe for this week is one I made last Sunday night. I'm not a huge fan of ribs but these were great. The rub and sauce are both delish. I actually added a little bit of minced garlic, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash to the rub mix. So feel free to customize to your taste.

Caribbean Ribs
Ingredients:
For Rub:
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons of paprika
1 ½ tablespoons of salt
1 ½ tablespoons of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 ½ - 3 pounds baby back ribs
1 cup pineapple preserves
¼ cup fresh lime juice

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients for rub and pat firmly into all sides of the ribs. For best results, let rub set on pork for an hour or up to overnight.
2. Heat oven to 275 degrees.
3. Place the ribs on a large rimmed baking sheet and cover tightly with foil Bake until tender and the meat easily pulls away from the bone, 2 ½ to 3 hours.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, lime juice and ½ teaspoon of salt. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the ribs, basting with the sauce and turning occasionally, until just beginning to char, 4 to 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment