Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Are you like me today and dreaming of a vacation? Today I am thankful for vacations past and future. I was looking through some old photos and these just brought back some great memories of a trip we took in 2002. All ten of us went to Europe for ten days. It was amazing.
Here I am up high in the sky in the Eye of London. I must tell you that I am not a fan of heights and wouldn't go near the edge of this thing. I saw the beautiful scenery of London quite fine sitting perched right there in the middle.


Something about this that makes me smile. It may be the all-too-familiar look on G's face that says "are you really taking another picture of me?" Oh how he loves to have his picture taken. Tower of London in the background.

Not sure about this. I'm sure somebody said wave to the camera and we followed orders. Again, it made me smile.

D hanging out with George H. W. Bush and Tony Blair, former Prime Minister of Great Britain. George and Tony are wax. D is not. (Madame Tousseau Wax Museum)


This may have been the most fascinating place I have ever been. The ruins of Pompeii, Italy.



Palace of Versailles in France.



E and G with Miss Mona Lisa. The Louvre in Paris.


Venus de Milo. The Louvre.


The family at the Trevi Fountain in Rome. (Don't know the guy on the right)


So here's to vacations! I hope you are taking a good one very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment