Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Tuesday

Well, I'm sitting here reflecting on the full day I've had. I got up at the crack of ridiculous and made my way to the church for the very first in a series of 7:30 A.M. Bible studies. If one of my favorite things in the whole world to do wasn't sitting with a bunch of girlfriends digging into God's Word, I would have just stayed in bed and covered up my head.

And on top of that, when we finished at 8:30 a buddy and I got a spurt of energy and walked the perimeter of our church parking lot. I don't know how big your church parking lot is but ours is big. We talked non-stop and the walk went by amazingly fast. We would have done a few more laps around but I had to get home, shower and get to a meeting.

I'm traditionally not a morning (too funny, I accidentally typed moroning which is what I feel like some days) person but today felt good. I was feeling pretty accomplished by about 10:30. I worked non-stop at the office until about 4:00 when I felt the need for a quick run to Target.
Our Bible study is going to require us to use some colored pencils and I love nothing better than a good reason to purchase a new office-type supply. So I set my sights on the aisle that holds Crayola "Twistables" colored pencils. When my buddy got a set of those out of her bag at Bible study this morning, I knew without a doubt I had to have some. I am a proud owner. You twist the end of them so they don't get broken and you don't have to sharpen them. There are 30 colors in a set. I feel just like it's the first day of school and I have a new set of crayons. There is just something so energizing about that to me. Call me weird, I know.

I then hopped in the car to get to the radio station on time for the segment. Oh, get this. They are going live on camera with this show on July 1st. Yep, a radio show that will now be a television show as well. I fully realize I'm only there for about 15 minutes total but oh heavenly day. Hair and make-up people please.

After that, I went to meet a precious friend for dinner and a mini-marathon of conversation catch up. We talked for 4 1/2 hours about a zillion different subjects. Thank you Lord for girlfriends who listen, don't judge and love you unconditionally. I left her feeling refreshed and renewed!

Now I'm sitting here in an empty house without my males who decided on the spur of the moment tonight to take in a little baseball. They drove down to see the Gwinnett Braves (minor league) and enjoy some male bonding. That's fine. I'm gonna get out my new set of Twistables and have a big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment