Wednesday, March 24, 2010

10 Things You Might Not Know

Today on Beth Moore’s blog she listed “10 Things You Might Not Know.” So I’m going to follow Beth’s lead and blog about 10 random things you might not know about me.

1. I once sang on stage with Porter Waggoner at the Williamson County Fair.
2. I have talked on the phone to John Denver – a major highlight of my life, by the way.
Both of the above events occurred while I was working for an advertising agency during graduate school in Illinois. This also was the one and only time my boss tried to date me. That’s a whole other story for another day.
3. I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was 22 years old.
4. At age 5 I threw my “Sunday” shoes out the car window because they hurt my feet. When my dad saw what I had done, my feet weren’t the only thing that hurt. I will never ever forget it and to this day do not throw shoes that hurt my feet out the car window.
5. I eat only the pecans and cashews out of a can of mixed nuts – drives my husband crazy.
6. I love to dance. However, I am horrible at it and only do it on selected occasions (or when nobody's watching).
7. The first time I saw Steel Magnolias I cried so hard when Shelby (Julia Roberts) died that I got hives.
8. I once totaled a parked car.
9. I love, I mean I LOVE babies feet.
10. My favorite part of the day is when my husband and I sit down together after dinner and talk and snuggle. And I always say to him, “have I ever told you this is my favorite part of my day?” And he always says, “yes, you have and it’s mine, too.” Love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment