Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Same Kind of Different as Me

Well y’all, I just wish you had been with me last night. One of my best buddies and I drove all the way to Chattanooga to attend one of the coolest fundraisers I’ve ever seen. This organization was fabulous and really on top of their game as one that promotes and equips teens to deal with the issues of abstinence in areas of sex, drugs, alcohol and violence. The key note speaker for the evening was Ron Hall, co-author of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” Oh, what a great book. I have told everyone within ear shot about this book for months and I can’t tell you what an impact it has had on my life. Mr. Hall was an excellent speaker. Please allow me to share a few of the insights from his speech.

“You never know whose eyes God is watching you through.”

“Why do we worship a homeless man on Sunday and ignore them the rest of the week?”

“Stepping into the lives of the needy is risky but the rewards are life changing.”

“When you are precious to God, you become important to Satan.”

"Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise and he saved the city by his wisdom." Ecclesiastes 9:15

Are we Bible studying . . . or are we Bible doing?

Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Loved the blog, loved the event, love my buddy!

    ReplyDelete