Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I Love about March 2010!

I really cannot believe it is the beginning of the third month of 2010! Time is just going too fast! You know I try to do a month overview at the beginning of each month - so here we go - what I love about March 2010!

1. It is my firstborn's birthday month!! She will be 24 years old this Sunday! I love you to the moon and back sweet pea!
2. This Friday and Saturday, I am going down to Atlanta for a girlfriend weekend like no other. The ladies trio, Beloved, is hosting a retreat at the Hilton in Norcross and a whole slew of us from Gainesville are headed that way. There will be music, guest speakers, a lip-sync contest, and much more. I'm just excited to hang out with some amazing women this weekend!
3. Last night, E and I were supposed to go to Athens for the "Little Black Dress" Party at Hotel Indigo. However, the snow postponed this event until the 30th. This is a Bridal event with a relaxed feel of entertainment, music, and food. Unlike a traditional bridal show, this has more of a real party feel. We were so excited to check it out but I guess we'll just have to wait!
4. The Gainesville Care Center Banquet on Thursday, the 18th at First Baptist's Banquet Hall. Carole Everett, the former owner of several abortion clinics in the Dallas area will be the guest speaker. She has a powerful testimony and I mean pow-er-ful. The work that God has done in her life is no less than miraculous. If you're interested, tickets are $30 and can be purchased either from the Care Center office on Green Street Place or online through their website at www.gainesvillecare.org until Thursday, the 11th. This is an organization dear to my heart and one that is clearly doing God's work. We'd love to have you. You will be blessed.
5. Okay, more excitement . . . on the 16th, I am headed up to Chattanooga with a dear friend to hear Ron Hall speak. Yea! If you don't already know, Ron Hall is the author of the book "Same Kind of Different as Me." This book changed my life view. This true story of a homeless drifter, an upscale art dealer and his gutsy wife is nothing short of amazing. I can't tell you how much I am inspired by true stories of people who really want to do the right thing and change the world for Christ. Oh, so good.
6. I've mentioned in earlier posts about our friend Butch Miller and his run for State Senate. We have known Butch and his wife Teresa for many years and I am here to tell you, you won't find a finer man than Butch. Why he wants to get into politics is beyond me but I sure am thankful that he does. D and I made a commitment to support Butch in his effort from the get-go and things with his campaign are just starting to take off. He has a major fundraiser later this month but I'll be back with more details about that closer to time.
7. Okay, yet more fun. Next weekend, the Birthday Group girls are headed up to the mountains for a weekend away. Yes, two weekend girl getaways for me. Can you believe it? I usually don't do this back to back because honestly, I don't like to be away from my husband so much. But he will be working and truth be told, I think he likes the house to himself every now and then. I can certainly understand that.
8. Our Handbell season is winding down which makes me kinda sad. We are playing in worship this Sunday morning and again on the 28th. And on Easter Sunday morning! After that, we are done until the fall. Oh, I do love playing handbells! My sweet husband is our director and I so much appreciate his dedication to this unique musical choir assembly.
9. Oh Revelation . . . how I want to understand you. This month I will be deep (as deep as I can get) in the book of Revelation. The Monday night girls will be beginning this study this month and I am continuing it with some friends on Friday mornings. Oh, I need some understanding.
10. The blog - you know I've been talking about this for months now. I'm thinking I need some structure here in this blogworld. So, I'm going to try two things: Thankful Thursday and Food Friday. On Thursdays, I will post something I'm thankful for that day and ask you to do the same. By the way, thank you to my friends who comment. I really appreciate it so I'm asking those of you who haven't, to give it a try. Some of you have said you have tried, but can't. I'll ask my technology expert (E) about that.
On Fridays, I'll be posting a recipe. Again, please comment with a recipe of your own or a comment about mine if you try it.
This is all an experiment for me. I love this outlet for writing and sharing my life. I'll continue as long as I enjoy it. So, again, thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging--have an amazing month with your fun trips and events. Looking forward to Thankful Thursday and Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a March you have ahead. Excited to be part of it. You know I am thrilled about Food Friday. Ready for some recipes. Love you.

    ReplyDelete